• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

120 longtrack

S

shredder

Nov 26, 2007
anyone know what drivers are on a mini rev?
I was wondering if i could fab up some extensions and cut down a 121 to fit the mini rev skid. I am guessing it is not that easy, but I thought i would ask.
thanks
scott

R
Nov 28, 2009
i dont know what drivers but i know that the miniz has a 10 inch wide track. and a snow hawk has a 12 inch wide track. so i would say have an inch cut off of each side of a track make your rails then line up your drivers. then i would say use a drop kit or make some just get some peices of steel and make it a triangle 3 inches apart at the bottom then chose a drop. it will lift the back up moreo for better float. then drill holes in the cornners and but one for the bottom holes in the old bolt hole were the back suspention mounts the the tunnel then make the top hole go down to the track. with a stright line then put a bolt in the other hole so it wont move. (note than when it goes up the tunnel goes forward so it will need to have the metel move back a little so it keeps the suspention at the same adjustment. then if the 120 motor aint enough look up the honda gz 200 type than in and there is o hole series of difrent motor the 120 is the one that comes in the mini z but you can get as big as a 390. hten fing pics of a polaris xc 120 under the hood. look at the steering stem it goes stright then out then down back to the stright. so if you do that you can fit a bigger motor. just keep the sprocket in the same spot. then if you realy want to make it pimp then make handle bar risers and take off the seat get taller or extracusion the make it higher check the sticky about it in the polaris edge 4m. i would do a tunnel extention like the newwer mtn. sled and angle it up a little for more clearance.

P

PrairieM1000

Feb 11, 2009
i've been looking into putting a track off of an atv track kit on my boys 120 and putting a 6.5hp or 11hp motor in it the 6.5 should bolt right in. If you watch Harbor Frieght they have sales some times and you can get one for around $100.00 same engine design as the 120 I want the 11hp just so that it has electric start on it.

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
if the Habor Freight 200 (clone) works, they make a TON of mods for the so called Honda clone motors they have been running them on go-karts for several years, I have built a few for my backyard track the last year

S

shredder

Nov 26, 2007
i am considering the snohawk track. I wonder if the drivers are the same or if i need new ones. i wonder if the drive shaft needs to be dropped or if it will work in its original location.
Scott

soreloser

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NE Wyoming
timbersled

anyone thought about the timbersled m/c conv kit, i think it would be perfect for a mini, its got the tunnel, suspension, and track perfect for a mtn mini. what i dont know about is $$$$$$$$

C
Nov 29, 2008
Just in the process of putting a track from AD Bovin (Snow Hawk / Explorer Bike Kit) into a Yamaha SnoSPort ... they have some 90" x 12" x 1" and 1.125" tracks available for $300 / piece and a 108" x 12" x 1.25" for $500.

They were very helpful and quick to reply to questions and ship the track.

J
Jun 11, 2005
Clearwater BC
I'll keep checking in on this one and see how you guys are making out. I have a chinese-built sled with a copied Polaris edge body & chassis. It has an electric start "xing xying" 124cc 4 stroke. My 7 yr old daughter can easily ride it another season or 2, but needs taller bars and more track. Has more than enough power to get her really stuck as it is. She'll be able to go most places around our cabin with a longer track, and then she won't have to walk back to get me to pull her out of the "deep powder". Not as often, anyway!!

Awaiting your ideas and suggestions.........

J
Mar 12, 2009
Sno scoot/sport longtrack

Please keep us posted on the replacement longtrack, are you installing the
90" or the longer track. please include all details. Do you have the stock snosport track specs, how bout the scoot specs....very interesting

Thanks

PS: to the last poster, what kind of Chinese sled do you have? has it been good, any details...

C
Nov 29, 2008
Starting to pick at it ... not much time available now though (7 day work weeks for the next 4.5 months) ... wife, kids, house .... so the sled will take a back seat for a bit.

The track (108" x 11.5" x 1.25") does not have any window so I need to open it up to clip every 2nd one for the sliders. Track windows are tough to cut ... tried setting up a jig for the router but it didn't work so now I am drilling four holes for the corners and cut the opening with a fine tooth jigsaw. The track clips have to be narrowed in in way of the clip section so I can keep a bit more meat at the edge of the track between the windows.
Have the old drivers off and ready to press the new drivers on ... they are slightly smaller in diameter so there should be just enough clearance to swing the 1.25" lug.

Going to use a set of rails from an Ovation ... they use slightly larger wheels and were intended for a 108" track. Plan on lifting up the rear end a bit (2" or 3") to get the boards up and out of the snow. If all goes well the rest should be straight forward and then I'll look at lifting up the front end a bit + better shocks and a fairing from a old phazer to give a bit of shelter.

I'll try to grab a few pics throughout and post a bit as it progresses.

J
Jun 11, 2005
Clearwater BC
PS: to the last poster, what kind of Chinese sled do you have? has it been good, any details...

Thought I had some pics of it in my photobucket, but can't seem to find, sorry. No brand name for it, but a lot of the body parts & skid frame are the same as the Polaris 120

It hasn't been a bad sled, really. Used LOTS of loctite over the last 2 seasons and have had to repair a few of the questionable welds, but overall not bad. Considering the kids will go all day on it and basically only give it a break when it runs out of gas, I'd say it's holding up pretty good.

It's still the same deal as the chinese quads and dirt bikes, though. When the tires or skis start coming off the ground and the little tykes are starting to get the hang of riding, time to spend the cash and get something a little better quality that will take the punishment. That's why I want to put a better track on it. My 7yr. old daughter is still not agressive enough to turn it into scrap metal......yet!! We'll see what's left of it after another season and another yrs experience riding. At least with a better track she'll have a chance to learn how to play a little more before she jumps up to a Phazer or something like that the following season.

I will post pics of it as I go through the long-track project this summer. I still have to go up to the cabin and bring it down to my shop, so not sure when I'll actually get started.

Will be watching here to see what everyone else is doing before I go out and buy a track. Lots of good info so far!!

J
Jun 11, 2005
Clearwater BC
Found some pics of that "made in china" Polaris copy for ya JK. Don't ask me how I got it, but basically "I knew a guy" that somehow got 1 container of chinese sleds into Canada. I guess most of them were seized by Canada Customs at the dock but they managed to keep about a dozen of them. That was in '08 and I've never ever seen another like it anywhere.

You can see it needs more track and judging by the pitbike mods for these engines, more power is definitley available!!

IM000185.jpg

124cc Xing Xang elec start 4-stroke engine.

IM000186.jpg

Hey shredder.....any progress on that Mini Rev 121?? I'd like to see that!! Any luck with the drivers?? Not trying to take over your thread, but hoping this will stay near the top this summer and we can all discuss what we're doing and add any tips or sources for parts.

I know duckrider is dying for people to start posting in the build forum (form?), so I'll post over there when I get started on my project.

Powder Man

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2009
Kennewick wa
Just picked up one of the Polaris 120 clones at the snow show, I'm looking for a line on parts any help would be appreciated. Sled starts and runs good looking for a windshield and future replacement parts thanks.

Premium Features