• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1980 Jag

Feb 9, 2008
SE WY
Just came across a pretty good deal on a Jag (starter sled) for my daughter. It has 590 ORIGINAL miles on it. Seller said that it ran good last year & when he went to start it this year, he had a hard time starting. He didn't treat the gas & summerize it. I would like to take it in to the dealer & have it gone through. What should I have them all go through??

R
Nov 28, 2009
have them clean the carbs and empt the tank. replace plugs. then if you got the money have them flush the motor and adjust the clutchs then replace all the lines and make shure the carbs are tunned right. then if you want gear it down more git up and go. stronger feeling on the sled. then i you realy want to modd it got for handle bar risers a mou tain bar and like a 4- inch drop brackets (metel plates that mount to the tunnel the drop and the suspention so it wont get stuck then if you want lugs take angle plaastic and mount to the track for lugs. make shur there in the right spot so it will clear the drivers. then plastic skis to help front end float.

Premium Features