• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coil problems on 01 summit 800

S
Jan 21, 2008
Having trouble with one side loosing spark. Its always the same side. If you put in a brand new plug you will get 2-3 hours of riding before the plug being dead. We've tried the dead plug in other sleds and its really "dead" Would the coil be overloading that side or anything like that. The minute you put in a different plug it runs fine for another 2-3 hours. I've only heard of coils failing. Anyone ever heard or experienced this type of thing

S
Jan 21, 2008
With more research, I was told that the coil could be getting weak and not getting enough juice to the plug causing plug failure. This doesn't sound right too me though. (Too little spark causing failure)

S
Nov 12, 2009
West Jordan, UT
Did you check the plug wires? On my '02 I found that one of the plug wires was bad - where it connects to the plug. It works fine w/a new plug, but after a couple of hours it wears away the connector on the top of the plug.

Premium Features