• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Commander V for turbo

F

fraufarm

Nov 27, 2007
North Dakota
just curious if anybody has been trying out the new PowerCommander V with auto tune to control their fueling of a turbo setup.
I thought i read somewhere it could be done.

J

JesseJames

Jan 9, 2005
I've wondered the same thing. Seems like it would simplify tuning a little.

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
The Power Commander can be used with a trubo but it is not a plug and play setup. You need to wire in a pressure sensor and do some extra setup with the software.

Autotune can help fine tune your fuel map when you have a good base map built but it will not take care of all your turbo tuning.

Because of the complexity of the advanced setup for the turbos I would not recomend this for everyone. But if you are comfortable with electronics and understand turbo systems you can use our products with a turbo.

turbo RMK

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2009
Alberta
IF someone was running a pcv with a turbo and the pressure sensor, is that pressure sensor like the boost guage and could it be viewed on the pcv screen along with AFR and is it possible to adjust mapping on the pcv screen or labtop only

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
With electronic fuel control the "ECU" needs to know how much boost the turbo is pushing so that it can properly fuel. On a NA setup, it is determined by load (throttle %) and RPM. More boost requires more fuel. I am not sure who much the PCV can read but on many automotive applications (alright, ALL NEW cars with turbos) the MAP sensor provides boost and temperature readings. Temp is equally important because 15 lbs of boost that is at 150 degrees F, does not have as much "air" as a the same boost but at 40 degrees F.

Scarter, is the PCV capable of reading temp and psi? Separately if given the proper feeds?

C
Feb 8, 2008
Scarter, is the PCV capable of reading temp and psi? Separately if given the proper feeds?[/QUOTE]

The pcv can read either boost or temp (0-5v sensor) but only one. There is only one place to plug in a analog sensor.

C
Feb 8, 2008
IF someone was running a pcv with a turbo and the pressure sensor, is that pressure sensor like the boost guage and could it be viewed on the pcv screen along with AFR and is it possible to adjust mapping on the pcv screen or labtop only

Dyno jets lcd monitor is supposed to be able to show rpm, tp, duty cycle, % fuel change,and either temp or boost. If I remember right if you buy the sd card for the monitor you can store additional maps and make slight changes. If Dyno jets website doesn't have any info I believe the new slp catalog does.

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
PC V and turbos

You can input a pressure signal into the PC V and view that in both the control center software and on the LCD screen.

The LCD-200 displays a ton of different information including AFR, Duty Cycle, Pressure, TP, RPM, Fuel Change %, and others. This data can also be recorded and replayed on the LCD screen or downloaded into Excel and analyzed, graphed, ect. ect.

We are finishing up a new version of LCD firmware that will allow the user to adjust fuel in the field. You will be able to adjust three RPM zones (low, mid, high). The transition points will be user defined in Control Center Software.

For customers who already have the LCD-200 you can upgrade for free when the new firmware is released. It will be necessary to upgrade your PC V firmware to get this feature, also available of our website for free.

This feature is not available yet but should be soon!

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
we put a couple a hundred miles on my buddies push turbo m8 last year with the pc5/auto tune/w/ lcd read out. after a few phone calls from the mtn to steve to get it all figured out it is a really neat system and i can see where it would be a great asset to fine tune your sled. we have a new map to try out this year as soon as we get some snow, but its amazing how much data the pc5 records and logs. you can get read outs on every 10th of an rpm, probably even more if a guy really wanted to.

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
We found last year that there are some variables (mostly temperature) that made the turbo sleds less consistent than our Naturally Aspirated sleds. This year the in field fuel adjustment should give the user the power to correct for these minor changes without a laptop.

If a person really wanted to do an advanced setup you could input both Intake temp. and boost into the PC V. This would allow you to make changes based on the two most critical turbo variables. With this setup you may be able to achieve the same consistency that we are known for with the naturally aspirated sleds.

X

X-tech Thomas

Aug 25, 2008
North Norway
www.x-tech.no
If a person really wanted to do an advanced setup you could input both Intake temp. and boost into the PC V. This would allow you to make changes based on the two most critical turbo variables. With this setup you may be able to achieve the same consistency that we are known for with the naturally aspirated sleds.

What if you convert the Iat to a 0-5v signal and use the gear position input
to adjust fuel for it?

Premium Features