• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Single Pipe for 05 IQ Race Chassis

M

modme

Dec 17, 2007
Fargo, ND
Does anyone know who makes a Single pipe and Silencer for a 05 IQ Race Chassis to fit a 800 VES motor?

M

modme

Dec 17, 2007
Fargo, ND
SLP Twins for the IQ Race Chassis. Do regular IQ 800 Single pipes work with the IQ Race Chassis?

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
no, the iq pipe will not work in the iqr chassis, and it won't work with an 800 big block either.

Also since when does slp make a single 800 pipe for the iqr? The best guy I know of is Neil's Power Pipes in Edmonton, he made mine and many others on this site. His # is 780-444-7472

Here's mine

014.jpg

T
Nov 26, 2007
You can modify a SLP single for an Edge chassis to fit the IQ-R pretty easily. I have one that I fit then ordered a can from Jaws then welded it straight on the end of the pipe.

Also, CPI makes twin pipes to fit using a Power Addiction plate for $800.

Then of course as stated, you can get a NPP.

M
Oct 6, 2008
sweden
Npp-800 :) loooow price,in sweden i pay 1500 in shop if i dont import it by myself

Ten-Zing can you please post a picture of that slp pipe ?

Last edited:
T
Nov 26, 2007
It really only took 3 cuts to get it to fit to the point of getting into the chassis. But, to fit it so it wraps around the shock tower and down into the silencer was many a cut and weld. Could probably do a real nice looking one after learning with the original. You can tell though at the back end of the pipe I was tired and wanted it to be over! Some extra weld, sloppy, lack of grinding... it fit, paint it and mount it I'm DONE, let me ride it!

If you look at the first pic that was only up to the point of it fitting. Notice the end of the pipe is really high. That's when I decided to rotate that down to go into a can type silencer and wanted it to fit nice and take up very little room. I did this to fit an oil caddy in there nicely. Plus I liked the look of an old set of AAEN pipes I had where they went straight into a silencer like that.

Last edited:
M

modme

Dec 17, 2007
Fargo, ND
You got any closer pics of this pipe where you cut it? I currently just bought a IQR and I am going to be going through this same procedure very soon.

Premium Features