• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking at 2003 Rx1 snowmobile

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
I ssy what I thought was a good deal on a 2003 rx1 for $2800 just wondering what the sled is like I don't see much ever posted on them and how good is the suspension and do they weight a ton. I am a big man and really would like some good suspension. We ride out here in Washington at 3000-6000 ft mostly mountain and boondocking. Any help or opinions would be great thanks.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
They do weigh quite a bit but a big man requires a big sled and with that comes weight. Suspension is good but the rear skid is very heavy. They do ride nice on the rough trais though. They work well for boodocking with a longer track. The stock 151" really isnt enough flotation for them. A 166" Polaris track is a good choice for them because it will fit without having to change to different drivers. Also the stock 03 skis are junk. Powder Pro's, Simmons Gen 2 or Newer style Yamaha mountain skis work well on them.

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
They don't weigh a ton but they do weigh a good 700 pounds full of fuel. I run the new Yamaha mountain skis and it's a world of difference. You can just buy the bottoms and use the carbides and handles off the rx1 skis. If it has stock clutching it won't perform like it is capable of. When mine was stock I ground 10 grams off the back side of each weight before it would hold the rpms up hills and in the deeper snow. The price sound right and you will have a good base for a turbo in the future. Ken....

Premium Features