• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody got a Nytro twitchiness solution?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Have installed different front ends like West Coast or Timbersled. Running Powder Pro skis etc. Just probing out there to see if anyone has come up with solutions to the overly quick steering of the Nytro. If you have ridden one you know what I mean. Post away on solutions.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Just did one with 16.5" Float front shocks and a K Mod Gen 1 rear skid with a 159'' TRACK it is set up to ride about 1" lower all around , it is much more stable and turns beautiful.

This is one sled that you can ride all day without getting tired , stable and responsive :eek: we got real lucky with that combination.:beer;:beer;:beer;

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
duallies seemed to help, trim your upper ball joints down, replace the stock plastic a-arm bushings with the oil-lite ones, and check your alignment.

These things seemed to help. I agree with the statement about setting the sled to ride lower. I am going to be trying it this year as well. Regular length floats though, just a lower pressure.

M
Jan 14, 2004
IMO the 08/09 caster angle is too steep which is what makes the sled twitchy. I built a new cro mo front end with a new castor angle which solved the problem for me. I believe the 2010 sleds also have more caster stock.

M5

SSE

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
MN
duallies seemed to help, trim your upper ball joints down, replace the stock plastic a-arm bushings with the oil-lite ones, and check your alignment.

These things seemed to help. I agree with the statement about setting the sled to ride lower. I am going to be trying it this year as well. Regular length floats though, just a lower pressure.

Were can a guy find those oil-lite bushings? and what have you trimed down on your upper ball joints?

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
08 and 09 have different front shock length,09 has lower ride height on the front
I increased the ride height on my 08 and it made a huge difference, Simmons does a lot for the sled to relieve darting
The Nytro does not need and aggressive ski

F

funjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
Timbersleds new A/T spindle. west coast is just a knock off off the old timbersled

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Were can a guy find those oil-lite bushings? and what have you trimed down on your upper ball joints?

ulmer racing sells them, about 90 bucks or so for the front suspension set.

The upper ball joints can be trimmed down 2.5 mm off of the shoulder area to increase the camber.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
IMO the 08/09 caster angle is too steep which is what makes the sled twitchy. I built a new cro mo front end with a new castor angle which solved the problem for me. I believe the 2010 sleds also have more caster stock.

M5

Isn't caster measured off of a line perpendicular to the ground? So if you increase the caster angle, the spindle is "more laid back"?

Just trying to clarify my terminology.

F

funjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
itis not so much caster angle as it is where the ski is mounted to the spindle in relation to the ball joints

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Isn't caster measured off of a line perpendicular to the ground? So if you increase the caster angle, the spindle is "more laid back"?

Just trying to clarify my terminology.

Yup, you're right. What M5 meant by steep was closer to the vertical.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
I just put a West Coast front end on,, just rode three days with it,, does anyone have any tips on how to set the caster etc..
I basically just put spindles vertical and rode it..

Premium Features