• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tach problem

D

draginrmk

Nov 30, 2007
we put a 800 monoblock cfi engine in a 2005 race chassis..useing 440/600 race ignition that has the adjustable timing knob but not using the dragon button.engine has trons so non of the efi harness is used.problem is with a polaris 6 pulse tach coming off yellow wire from stator and useing brown as ground the tach reads 1500 at idle..seems fine up to 3000 rpm then as rpm goes up the tach goes backwars towards zero!..tried a known good tach ..has good ground motor to chassis etc..any ideas as to what i should be looking for??

D

draginrmk

Nov 30, 2007
thanks jet,,,was my first thought as the tach lights dim as the rpm goes down while revs are going up...thanks

D

draginrmk

Nov 30, 2007
you know Jet..this sled has no lights or handwarmers ..going to hook up some and see if that settles the tach problem..ty again for reminding my forgetful brain as to what to do...good info

D

draginrmk

Nov 30, 2007
thanks again Jet..i added tail lights and an xtra handwarmer and the tach is working proper now...have a good new year

D

draginrmk

Nov 30, 2007
WELL.. the tach only reads to 7k and no more..unplugged the resistor and now tach seems proper, not sure what the resistor does other than "soak" up voltage but must have an effect on this ignition also as nnow the engine will also rev .

Premium Features