• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder Pro fix for stock skis

S

spooled flatlander

Nov 30, 2008
Montevideo,MN
Can the stock yamaha skis be cut on the outside lip from the spindle back like is done on the powder pros? Monster has some nasty habits in the hard/crusty snow just like the ppros, but I think it is much worse. It will crank the bars right out of your hands and spit you right off if you are not paying attention. Yes, I have a set of genII's and they have their place.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I was thinking the same thing.

I just did the cut on the Powder Pros on my M8. I haven't done it yet on my RX-1M because I'm reluctant to give up any floatation yet the Yamaha mountain skis are certainly a knock off of the Powder Pros.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I was thinking the same thing.

I just did the cut on the Powder Pros on my M8. I haven't done it yet on my RX-1M because I'm reluctant to give up any floatation yet the Yamaha mountain skis are certainly a knock off of the Powder Pros.

Works fine on a friends Nytro , but for the old one tone a set of Gen 2 s with the same mod work wonders.

cheers.......

Premium Features