• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tough boy bearing kit help?????

S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
I wouldn't tear down a running motor just to put the big bearing in it, but when it goes down definately install one. Just make sure to modify the case so it lubes properly.

Good luck.

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
The Gen 2 700 is a great engine. I doesn't have the crank problems the 800 does. My backup sled is a '99 700 with over 6,200 miles one it. Never touched the engine.....Still starts 1st pull and runs strong....

S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
on the pto side you need to dremel the case so oil reaches the outside of the bearing. Not really a big deal. Order SPI brand pistons from dirtcheapsnow.com . Much cheaper than the stealer.

R

Rammit

Jan 28, 2009
Seattle, WA
Ive still cracked a crank with a toughboy bearing kit, the guy who rebuilt my crank says he sees the same amount of both in his shop, hadn't really decided if the wide bearing is better.

He seemed to favor drilling the case, and running a stock size bearing, and just making sure it gets extra oil.

That said im running two Polaris 800s this year, one wide bearing, one stock bearing, so we will see which one last longer

F
Jun 7, 2008
I tore my running 01 RMK800 down last year and had AllSport Polaris in washington do the Big bearing kit. They also trued and welded my crank, and line-bored my cases. The sled had over 4000 miles on it and was running NOS before I bought it. Never had any problems with it, but had a buddy with the same motor lose the crank and it destroyed his cases too. So I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Premium Features