• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

beacon training

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
Really good training vid thanks. That Pieps beacon is sweet, I'm lucking that one of our crew has one. I have practiced with the Peips many times, just need to step up and buy one.

M
Dec 4, 2007
Huron,South Dakota
I have my sites set on a DTS Tracker, not bashing ANY beacon, but the avy course i went to last yr, Mr. Duffy said this was the easiest to use.

When i saw that vid, the 1st thing i told my wife was, these should be at all the lodges. big hats off to the sledshot boys:beer;

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
Really good training vid thanks. That Pieps beacon is sweet, I'm lucking that one of our crew has one. I have practiced with the Peips many times, just need to step up and buy one.

95% of our riding crew all use pieps DSP, easiest beacon to use for multiple burials.

I have my sites set on a DTS Tracker, not bashing ANY beacon, but the avy course i went to last yr, Mr. Duffy said this was the easiest to use.

The tracker 1 is great, except for multiple burials! it's a huge PITA with out a flagging feature.

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
Kudos to the guys from Sledshot.com, for sure. Someone posted another one of their vids the other day and from there I spent about an hour looking at several but I missed this one. I really respect that they are trying to make the sport safer for everyone.

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
We have one in the Flathead, here in Montana.

Thanks for this link......added it into the link thread (with credit to you for finding it). :)

Premium Features