• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RKT head on 01 800, a few questions

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I'm helping a young rider get his sled ready to ride. i pulled the head and am now ready to reassemble. My question is this, should there be o-rings above each bolt tower between it and the gold head cover to help seal against coolant leaks. There were none when i took it apart. Thanks in advance. EW

This is the head/dome cover

Pics545.jpg

Pics546.jpg

Should there be o-rings in here

Pics538.jpg

You can see the spark plug boss has one

Pics548.jpg

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
As said above you're good to go, o-rings on the plug bosses and your combustion chamber.
Do you know what comp. ratio you're running, if not Kelsey can tell you by the head #, or it may be etched on eacch dome. 14.5:1 needs race gas Prem. at 1/2-1/2 at low alt.
I believe you probably know this though.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Head went together and warmed up with no issues on the stand. Sled started 2nd pull after storage. Don't know any particulars on the engine, it belongs to FLIT who hangs out on the Spokane thread in Rider Areas. You could shoot him a PM and he could answer any questions.

It did have a broken thermostat though that was in pieces in its housing. Might have been some of the overheating he had seen at times last year. We'll see. Thanks for the help everyone. Have a Merry Christmas. EW

Premium Features