• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Yamaha FX Nytro MTX SE 162 Measured Weight

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Spent the last couple of hours at Rexburg Motor Sports where they were kind enough to take a new 2010 Yamaha FX Nytro MTX SE 162 and put it on the scale for us.

With all required fluids and a shipping allotment of fuel (appx. 2-3 Gallons from the factory) the sled has a TRUE WEIGHT of 578lbs

If we subtract out 2 gallons (6.4 x 2 = 12.8lbs), we have 564lbs

If we subtract our 3 gallons (6.4 x 3 = 19.2lbs), we have
558lbs

Their guess was that we had just over 2 gallons in the tank, and they were not able to siphon it out without tearing down the sled.

So...

That gives us a pretty honest real world weight of 560 pounds!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited:

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
560! Wow i thought it would be lighter than that:( It would have looked alot better if you would have weighed it full of gas and compared it to others. So this is about 110lbs. heavier than a xp, 80 lbs. heavier than a M8, and 60lbs heavier than a D8 When they are all dry. If you put fuel in all of them then it gets closer since the nytro holds so much less but it sucks that these things aren't getting to much lighter. I still wouldn't give up my nytro for any of the others i just wish they could get these things closer to 500 dry! Have fun with it! It should be a Blast!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For me, the best weight is when the sled is filled with all required fluids but NO gas.

The gas capacity varies on each sled, so I don't think thats fair to compare against as fuel load is optional.

I wish they had had a 2010 Summit XP-X 163 that was bone dry on Gas, and the same for the Yammi to hook up on the scale side-by-side for that weigh in.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
163? Must of had it custom made for you. Us average Joes can only get a 153 or 162. Eric

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That was cool they did that for you Chris. Any pics of it on the scale??
Jeeez.
I was there with my cell camera and could have taken an image.

I hope to pick up my new sleds next week.
I will see if we can put it back on the scale and weigh it a second time.

Now that I have bought it, perhaps they will go to the trouble of draining the fuel tank so we can get a dead on answer.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
163? Must of had it custom made for you. Us average Joes can only get a 153 or 162. Eric
he he he
Like I said, this is my first sled.
I am sure its a 162:D

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Right on Christopher...

Getting ready for Burandts??
Not for at least another full year of riding, and NOT till these sleds are BOOSTED.

Right now I KNOW they wouldn't be able to hold their own against the boosted Dragons he is running.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Spent the last couple of hours at Rexburg Motor Sports where they were kind enough to take a new 2010 Yamaha FX Nytro MTX SE 162 and put it on the scale for us.

With all required fluids and a shipping allotment of fuel (appx. 2-3 Gallons from the factory) the sled has a TRUE WEIGHT of 578lbs

If we subtract out 2 gallons (6.4 x 2 = 12.8lbs), we have 564lbs

If we subtract our 3 gallons (6.4 x 3 = 19.2lbs), we have
558lbs

Their guess was that we had just over 2 gallons in the tank, and they were not able to siphon it out without tearing down the sled.

So...

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

That's actually lighter than I thought..... I believe the 900s were claimed at 550 dry when they were in production.

So what kinda lightweight parts do you have planned for putting that thing on a diet?:D

goodan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I personally think that in order to compare weight they need to be full of all fluids. When you head up into the mountains, your gonna be full of fluids.
Just my 2 cents.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That's actually lighter than I thought..... I believe the 900s were claimed at 550 dry when they were in production.

So what kinda lightweight parts do you have planned for putting that thing on a diet?:D
Honestly, NOT A CLUE right now.

My first goal is to get the initial 300 miles on each of the sleds and just learn how the heck they ride.

Truth me known, I expect the sleds will break ME in and not the other way around! :D

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Thanks for the weight info.

I think it is best to weigh the sleds ready to ride, full of fuel with spare belt.

From that point, people can subtract out the weight of fuel if they want.

One thing to consider is fuel range - I like to compare apples to apples so if it takes one sled 12 gallons to go x distance and it takes another 10 gallons, then that is the way they should be weighed.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
When I take it in for its first service, I will try to get a full wet weight as well.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just pondering over the implications of that new Carbon Fiber Chassis on the actual weight of the sled.

Hmmmmmm

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Spent the last couple of hours at Rexburg Motor Sports where they were kind enough to take a new 2010 Yamaha FX Nytro MTX SE 162 and put it on the scale for us. With all required fluids and a shipping allotment of fuel (appx. 2-3 Gallons from the factory) the sled has a TRUE WEIGHT of 578lbs

If we subtract out 2 gallons (6.4 x 2 = 12.8lbs), we have 564lbs If we subtract our 3 gallons (6.4 x 3 = 19.2lbs), we have 558lbs

Their guess was that we had just over 2 gallons in the tank, and they were not able to siphon it out without tearing down the sled. So...

I agree with weighing the sled with all fluids except gas. This is the best way to compare real world weight. We just built an 800XP turbo with all C3 Carbon Fiber parts. With all fluids and about a gallon of gas and it came to 414 on the scale.

We are planning on making a carbon chassis for the Yamaha Nytro. it should drop that 560 way down. We should see a 100+ pound weight savings with carbon chassis and body parts, more with lightweight suspension and other parts. check out the thread at: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215501

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
Guessing and estimating doesn't really work in my book. Fill it up or drain it dry.

DSC00236.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I will do BOTH this summer as she goes under the knife for all the upgrades.
You will have your numbers and a PHOTO of the scale as well .:face-icon-small-hap

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Just pondering over the implications of that new Carbon Fiber Chassis on the actual weight of the sled.

Hmmmmmm

I would be all over this!!!! 2 stroke weight with the awesome nytro motor!!!! But 10G is a little to steep for me. I think i would rather just buy 2 lightweight 2 strokes so you have a backup when the first one blows up.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Guessing and estimating doesn't really work in my book. Fill it up or drain it dry.

DSC00236.jpg

agree.

thats why you fill it up..
even if you siphon, your not getting everything out.

i don't "ride" my sled w/o fuel.. i may not ride w/ 10 gallons every ride, but i know where I'm at if I do have a full tank. :)

then you can say I have a 6## snowmobile with ## gallons of gas.
instead of I have a aprox 5## snowmobile with aprox ## gallons of gas, which doesn't tell me much at all.

for comparison, no fuel makes sense... for real world usage, full of fluids makes sense.
i tend to ride in the real world, not the show room floor.. /shrug

Premium Features