• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is this -- on or off -- Relay

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Okay 1. what is this button and why do my gauges pulse when I push it?

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDctMjAwOTEyMjItMTAzN.jpg

2. Carb heaters on or off what and why you ride on or off?

3. Is this the relay everyone talks about

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDYtMjAwOTEyMjItMTAyO.jpg

4.Why do some 03 zxs beep after start mine does not?

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
1- The button looks like its missing the blue knob for it . On models that have reverse its whats is used to reverse the motor
2- Carb heaters on my 02 sumit 800 I ride with them off all the time. The sy to use the when really cold to stop the carbs fro freezzing up . I have always road with mine closed
3 -Not sure about the relay
4-The sleds that beepor chirp when starting up are sleds with reverse.I have 2 02 sleds with reverse . When it goes in reverse the backup horn sounds. Some people have disconnected the backup horn
Hope this helps

03summit700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Moses Lake, Washington
You have two buttons missing. The first one down is the RER button. Which is your reverse button. When you push it after the motor has warmed up the motor should die and then restart on its own in revese. I think somebody unplugged your backup alarm. The very bottom button that is missing is your dimmer switch for the headlight. Hope this helps.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Ok so if my beep is unplugged how do I plug it back in and where is it?

2. My 02 looks to have carb heaters but it has after market tubing so I cant turn it on or off?? Am I wrong or did the 02's have them as well. Does the carb heaters cause problems?

Premium Features