• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XLT starting question & tempaflow question

O

olymon

1) Could use some help from anybody that has put a primer on a triple. Sled is an XLT piston port motor with triple pipes. Or any help to make this thing easier for my wife to start. I can pull it quick enough to build up compression and get it to fire, but it is still cold blooded. Thought a primer might help.

2) Anybody have any pictures of a holtzman installed on a triple (I'm putting it on a 680 ultra motor). I want to make sure I'm putting the vacuum sensing line on the right part of the carb / slide cap. How is your set-up routed in an ultra airbox using the stock airbox and the vent lines plugged into the airbox.

Thanks for any help.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Xlt

Check the compression and make sure the chokes are adjusted correctly. Also check needle and seats. They wear and make for hard starting. That motor should start easy, 3 small pistons are lost easier than 2 big ones to pull over.

O

olymon

Yeah it's not that hard for me to start it because I can get the speed of the pull cord going fast enough to build enough compression for it to fire right. She has a hard time even starting it when it's warm. Those damn piston port motors don't like a slow starter puller. :( She has no problem starting my ultra motor. It's amazing what those reeds can do for ya :face-icon-small-sho

Premium Features