• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Loud Clutch? I mean really loud

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Ok so took the sled out after rebuilding my clutch (O rings) and this thing sounds like a VW diesel. It got loader what else could it be Also I noticed the clutch doesn't seem to engage as quick as my 03.

Anyone....Anyone

Last edited:
J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Found That the dealer did not replace the rubber gaskets under the buttons Just happened to have one of my button tools pop off and the buttons flew all over the work bench and I found half a rubber circle in there:face-icon-small-fro These T R A clutches are really not that complicated.

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
my clutch sounds the same way, I just orderd 6 new orings, 6 new buttons and 3 new little springs, I hope that this fixes the problem. Did your noise go away once you replaced the o-rings? How hard is it remove the little buttons with springs, do they go back together easy. Thanks

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
my clutch sounds the same way, I just orderd 6 new orings, 6 new buttons and 3 new little springs, I hope that this fixes the problem. Did your noise go away once you replaced the o-rings? How hard is it remove the little buttons with springs, do they go back together easy. Thanks

Thank Joey for the movie:clap2:

I just bought O-rings My buttons didn't look bad stock o-rings at 2.50 a piece blew me away. When you take it apart pull the button tools off slow the little springs will fire that button across the garage! After you get the buttons off spray the clutch down with break cleaner and a rag to polish it up. Then put it back together. The little springs are stiff buggers but just squeeze with one hand and put your button tool on with the other hand. You may have to wiggle and twist the buttons a little to get the tool on but after it slides on push it all the way down to the stops of the tool so they don't pop off. Make sure you line up your timing marks and put her back together. Tighten the clutch bolt to 79LBS and fire her up. My clutch was silent as a mouse right off the back took her up on the hill made it 500 yards heard a funny noise my timing marks un-aligned when I torqued the bolt and the sled did not like it.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
So who is the local dealer?

Well there is only two in the valley here and the sad thing is they told me to take it to a shop out of the valley cause they weren't equipped to do it like the other shop could:face-icon-small-sad but We'll keep names out do to the fact I still buy parts there.

Premium Features