• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dies when put into reverse?

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
They don't like to go into reverse if the motor isn't warmed up.

If you don't want to wait for it to warm up, rev the motor a little then hit the reverse button.

T

Theron

Dec 10, 2007
Anchorage
profile.myspace.com
If it is happening when it is already warm your idle may be too low. I usually like to idle 1800 to 2000. Too bad the xp is so much more difficult to reach idle adjustment.

Hotboat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT.
Check your belt deflection . I'm sure your belt is to tight...open your secondary a bit should do the trick. I adjust mine until it squeals or it stalls going in reverse then adjust as nessary....

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
Dirty plugs will cause it to stall going into reverse. Change out your plugs. Every response so far are spot on and could affect your machine going into reverse. On my rental fleet it is usually dirty plugs as the most common reason they don't go into reverse.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Check your belt deflection . I'm sure your belt is to tight...open your secondary a bit should do the trick. I adjust mine until it squeals or it stalls going in reverse then adjust as nessary....

i'm going with too tight of deflection on the belt.

Premium Features