• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken Hawk

O
Nov 26, 2007
Gig Harbor,WA
Can anyone tell me how to remove the fixed sheave on my 503 ? I rounded out the hex part of that sheave and now the salad bowl just wobbles. Is the fixed portion just pressed on a shaft ? I didn't want to pry in fear of damaging the shaft comming out of the motor. I will also be needing another fixed sheave if anyone has one available. Any help would be great as it could not of happened at a worse time now that we are getting snow.

Last edited:
C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Lay your hawk on its side, clutch facing up. fill the hole that the bolt goes through with water, take the bolt that screws into the end of the crankshaft and wrap the threads with teflon tape. run the bolt back into the clutch as the bolt threads into the clutch it will pop the clutch off.

it is a tapered fit.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Lay your hawk on its side, clutch facing up. fill the hole that the bolt goes through with water, take the bolt that screws into the end of the crankshaft and wrap the threads with teflon tape. run the bolt back into the clutch as the bolt threads into the clutch it will pop the clutch off.

it is a tapered fit.

works great ive done it many times, but I usually use grease..
My 503 salad bowl should still be floating around...give me a call..

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
best option

it is a tapered fit.

this is by far the best way to do it.

O

ozzydog

Dec 17, 2007
I've had this happen

I had the same thing happen on both my 503's. Yes the water trick works great. I welded one of mine back together to get thru the season last year. Tough to do as it has to be balanced just right, and I do not recommend. If the water trick does not work for you and you want to do the quick and dirty just cut it off, torch or saw works.
The best remedy is to go with a P-85 Clutch for your primary. I can help you dial it in if you get one. Pierres in Kenmore has a few of them, brand new and at a pretty good price. Talk to Everett, tell him I sent you and to set you up with the same clutch I am running. I think the version I am running is a 2002 model.
Harley 360-961-5747

O
Nov 26, 2007
Gig Harbor,WA
Good as new!

Finally got a chance to remove my old clutch last nite. I just wanted to say thank you to Daryl for giving me a clutch to install. I also want to thank Tony for the use of your clutch tool to pull the clutch. Without the two of them my hawk would still be down for the count. Now if we could just get some SNOW i would be a happy camper. Thanks again guys! And Tony i will get the tool back too you as soon as i can Probally via ups or fedex after christmas.

Premium Features