• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker settings?

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
Did a search and not seeing much. I am trying to wrap my brain around this thing. So the fuel box needs to be calibrated with the EBC during idle to a reading of zero or a hair under boost reading. Haven't tried yet, but the instructions say that the push to pass button is used during this process. Is it needed as I don't have that button yet?
The Duty Cycle is a percentage of something beyond my knowledge right now that I assume is what controls what the motor will see for boost. Is there a general rule of thumb as far as "X" percent equals "X" pounds of boost?
Is there then a general rule of thumb for what percent should be inputed for the ALT COMP area.
What exactly are the starting numbers for the RPM and PSI lo-med-high? Are they the 12/22/2008 ones found on the BD website?
I know with time this will all make sense to me, but I hate to scatter my motor trying to learn as I go. I hope Justin will be back soon, I think he may have suffered a concussion from hitting his head against the wall to many times.:D
Anyhow, anyone else want to start fielding my head splitting questions?:eek:

S

SafetyBob

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 13, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Give Kyle or Jared a call today at BD, they will be able to walk you through the process and help you understand it. 1-208-542-4411 Thanks Diann

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
SnowJW once again comes through, Thanks!! Gotta say he is one heck of a guy for staying positive getting issues resolved! I feel pretty confident that I won't scatter my motor during the learning curve.:beer;
Jared is no slouch either I guess.:)

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Did a search and not seeing much. I am trying to wrap my brain around this thing. So the fuel box needs to be calibrated with the EBC during idle to a reading of zero or a hair under boost reading. Haven't tried yet, but the instructions say that the push to pass button is used during this process. Is it needed as I don't have that button yet?
The Duty Cycle is a percentage of something beyond my knowledge right now that I assume is what controls what the motor will see for boost. Is there a general rule of thumb as far as "X" percent equals "X" pounds of boost?
Is there then a general rule of thumb for what percent should be inputed for the ALT COMP area.
What exactly are the starting numbers for the RPM and PSI lo-med-high? Are they the 12/22/2008 ones found on the BD website?
I know with time this will all make sense to me, but I hate to scatter my motor trying to learn as I go. I hope Justin will be back soon, I think he may have suffered a concussion from hitting his head against the wall to many times.:D
Anyhow, anyone else want to start fielding my head splitting questions?:eek:

Same problem here, without the button how do you navigate the screens?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Same problem here, without the button how do you navigate the screens?

dont you tell me you are to navigating screens already?..figured for sure you wouldnt be ready till spring....:D
mag, just wire up a momentary switch to plug in in place of it..will allow you to do your setup....

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
dont you tell me you are to navigating screens already?..figured for sure you wouldnt be ready till spring....:D
mag, just wire up a momentary switch to plug in in place of it..will allow you to do your setup....

lol... ya everything is done except programing there's to sets of unused plugs and I'm not sure which ones to use :eek:

skyman

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2008
lol... ya everything is done except programing there's to sets of unused plugs and I'm not sure which ones to use :eek:

Mag I just used two wires to make settings the plug is the yellow and black.
Enjoy ran mine at 9.5# with 100LL lots of fun :D

skyman

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2008
I started out at zero justin said that the actuator needs to break in(about 40 miles) and now I am at 40 and running 9.5# wow that's a lot of fun:D

N
Jan 11, 2008
Spokane, WA
SnowJW once again comes through, Thanks!! Gotta say he is one heck of a guy for staying positive getting issues resolved! I feel pretty confident that I won't scatter my motor during the learning curve.:beer;
Jared is no slouch either I guess.:)

So what info did you find? Why not post the info so everyone can view it, there are no secrets amongst friends.

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
So what info did you find? Why not post the info so everyone can view it, there are no secrets amongst friends.

The numbers off the BD website are starting point numbers basically(safe).
I am far from finding what I want to run as far as octane and box numbers go as of right now. Have three rides so far and I think that I need to go to the 09 map as things aren't behaving consistently for me. The hard starting issue is driving me nuts and I find myself leaving my sled idling a lot to avoid it which isn't doing my plugs no favor. Is this the info in particular are you looking for?

Premium Features