• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problems starting 99 RMK 600

T
Dec 14, 2009
My RMK 600 takes forever to start! Once i got it started it didnt miss a beat all day. Then i went and took it on a small ride the next day and still took forever to start ran fine until i pulled up to my buddies and it just quit. I couldnt get it started and still havent been able to. If anyone has any advice i would appreciate it!:face-icon-small-coo

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
We could use a little more info, Spark?, fuel?, compression, did you try new plugs? It kinda sounds like a fuel pump that got weak and quit but that is a big guess without a little more info.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
99 600s have a compression relief hole in the cylinders so you won't see huge numbers. I live at 3400 feet and get around 90 on two different gauges.

Last edited:
T
Dec 14, 2009
It has Spark and have put new plugs in it. How should i tell if the fuel pump is weak? But i was thinking maybe it Needs a new set of Rings but i will check the compression and see what it is Thanks!

T
Dec 14, 2009
Got it running finally there was a lose wire running into the CDI box thanks for everybodys help its really appreciated:)

Premium Features