• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex clutch weight ????'s

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I have a fairly stock Apex mtn - Camo ex. track, 18-42 gearing, undertunnel exhaust. I'm running the supertips weights and have finally started to be able to play around with them. Trying to get operating rpm dialed in. When I originally purchased the weights from Ulmer, he sent we the wrong ones, he sent me the 60g bases & for a n/a this is bit too heavy to start with. I started out with a bunch of weight on them and have been removing slowly to bring up my rpm. With just a bare 60g base weight I finally got to my target rpm. This is running the sled in Northern Michigan @ about 1000ft elevation. With just the bare 60g weight, I'm pulling 10,500rpm in the powder and 11,100 on the hardpark. Right about what I wanted.

Does this seem right? That weight seems really light to me. Could something else be wrong?
Now comes the real problem. What do i do when I go out west? I'm assuming I'm going to have to machine some weight off these things to get the weight down.

What are others running for weight on a n/a Apex mtn. with Supertips weights?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
the supertips have a wayy more aggressive curve on the weights while the stockers are nearly flat. with the curve to the weights u hardly need to run any weight to them.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Not to worry, it sounds right!
The Supertip 60g weights is used to boosted sleds, only add some washers and go.
Yamaha 8BU-00 weights ~48g loaded with 9g is used on lighlty boosted sleds.
You bought good weights, maybe to heavy for your application, you lost a litte tuning ability when have to run it empty.

Premium Features