• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to adjust boost on Aerocharger 53 series

R
Jan 29, 2008
Bozeman, MT
So i have an 06 polars 600 carb'ed turbo. It has an aerocharger 53 series. I understand the basics of basically shiming the spring to get more boost or installing a "stiffer" spring. There are three screws plus a nipple on the outside of the turbo hood, or where you get to the spring. I know what the center one does, what are the other two (brass) used for? Thanks for any input!

mountain

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2002
Stanwood Washington
You take out the three bolts and pull the housing of the piston carefully. Then you remove the "C" clip and add washers to spring to raise the boost or pull washers out to lower boost. If you are going to change boost alot you can make or buy a boost controler. You install a spring that gives you the lowest boost you want to run and the controler will bleed off pressure to your desired level of boost as you adjust it.
Be carefull turning up the boost, if you turn it up and over spool it, it gets very expensive.

Premium Features