• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wiring your exhaust valve up

S
Oct 19, 2009
Hey Guys just some input on how you guys are wiring your valve up to stay open. I am running a zx chassis 700 turbo and from what im reading is that wiring them open can help with turbo lag because you put more heat in the pipe and not in the cylinder. Some help would be appreciated thanks

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
can you post some photos of your sled im trying to do a zx turbo aswell looking for ideas.

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
If the system is designed correctly you should not notice any lag, (this should bring up debate, but I have proof);). The RAVE valves are not really an issue related to lag, its more an issue of keeping the system sealed. The bellows love to blow off. The valves will typically blow open at idle too. We have tried everything to try and keep them sealed and nothing worked. We originally mechanically held them open and sealed and this works good. On our XP kits we have an aluminum RAVE valve delete that goes in.

Dave Halverson

S
Oct 19, 2009
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I will just leave them alone then. I have it apart rite now doing anti ratchets, but I will get some pics in the next couple days and post them up. I will say one thing its pretty funny when that ole girl smokes new sleds.

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
At minimum I would use safety wire around the top and bottom of the bellow to secure them from blowing off. If you plan on blocking them open then just remove the green bellow and plastic top and build a spacer. I built one out of an old radius rod and then tighten it down with a nylock metric nut. You'll need to plug the holes where the pressure signal enters as well. Cheap and easy.

-Fack

Premium Features