• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen II Ski Upgrade

M
Sep 10, 2008
In have been thinkin I want to upgrade the skis on my SKS. It still has the original plastic skis with the aluminum saddles. I have been keeping an eye on the swapmeet for a good pair of used skis but was wondering what models of polaris factory skis would fit? I have seen a few pairs of sidehiller's and gripper skis around but will these fit my Gen II SKS spindles? Will another brands factory take off skis fit? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan

R
Sep 21, 2008
Great question, I've been wondering this too.

I see Sidehillers for around $100, Grippers for around $200 and SLP's for around $300. Where will I get the most bang for my buck for off trail, powder riding on a 99 700 RMK?

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
Well, I never really see that the sidehillers are recommended for an improvement, anyway. The gripper ski's will fit. My 2000 RMK doesn't have much bite with the stock ski, I'd like to find some grippers or powder pros for it.

M
Sep 19, 2008
Green River Wyoming
powder pro from slp or simmons skies are good you can get a good pair off the swap meet and then call the dealer for that ski and get the right mounting hardware for the sled you are going to mount them on. thats if you cant find them all ready for your sled good luck

A

AirForceSledder

Dec 19, 2009
Great Falls, MT
Simmons

i used Simmons skis on my 01 800 RMK and hey worked great! superflexible and created "extra" suspension/flotation/and 2 keels plus their customer service is second to none. It really depends on where you ride or what your riding style is.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
I have been running the Sidehiller2 on my 00 700 for many years now. They are 4lbs lighter and handle better in the powder. Not as good as some others might, but for the $ they are an improvement. Also with the dual runners no more darting.

Premium Features