• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moving running board coolers on MM

P
Sep 14, 2008
I have heard of guys moving the running board coolers and putting one off like a polaris under the tunnel on a MM but have never seen it. I know fabcraft builds their own but has anybody modified theirs so ones able to put grates on the running boards. Pics always help.

350xryder

Aug 5, 2008
I did not move mine, but I did the running board mod that was on TY forums and it came out great. Much wider, and allowed for more traction. I will try to post pics tomorrow.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Yamaha_nisse has a post on totallyamaha with pics. He used some ski doo(?) coolers and ran then in the inside of the tunnel. THen modified the running boards.

He is also a member here to. I bet he still has pics and would help you.

P

pedak07

Nov 28, 2007
I installed a rev ucooler under my tunnel and just order my wide boards kit from castle, the kit looks sweet i should get it next week, i am also having my chain case lengthened 2" by tripleswillneverdie, so my 159 16 2.5 will all fit, will post pics soon, ucooler went in real easy but switched to a zx tank because of coolant lines, and its clear and yamaha doesnt make one
Pedak

whats your desired end result for this mod? its a lot of work for not much gain. the coolant tubes are available from many sources. you will have to be a good aluminum welder and fabricator to pull this one off. cutting the stock running boards is the easy part. its the fit and finish, adapting coolant lines, making the hoses stay on, etc that takes the time and effort.

Premium Features