• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

98 670 Summit X

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
My Summit just died while riding in a meadow and now it has no spark. I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot anything yet, does anyone have any suggestions where to start? Thanks.

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
Ever had a coil or stator go bad? Checked the tether/key and kill switch everything is good. I had a problem with the tether/key last year but when I pushed it down pretty hard it would work. It would always run at idle just not accelerate when this would happen. Is it possible it could cause no spark if this is bad? Thanks.

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
I have 4000 miles on this sled that is recorded. I had a broken spedometer cable for two seasons so maybe 1000 more miles than its showing. I guess it could be the stator. If I don't get headlight when I pull it over I would guess a stator, do you guys agree??

Nov 19, 2008
B.C. Canada
head light part of the stator is different than the ignition part from what i understand. On my sled my ignition pulse sensor came loose and broke caused a no spark situation just something else to look at

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
Thanks. I still have to T/S the problem just wanted to get a list together before I start. Eliminating one thing at a time works the best from past experience.

M

meierjn

Nov 11, 2008
670X Elec Test

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the testing procedure. The PDF is a bit to big to upload here.

Last edited:
J
Oct 25, 2008
Waupaca, WI
Hey man, i had the same problem with my 1998 X 670 also, it would run fine for a half hour, then die, wait 10 or 15 mins for it to cool off and it would start right up! The stator was a hard part for me to find for my sled, ski-doo quit making the part 2 years ago, so the place to look for one would be a junkyard, or you might come across a dealership with one.(Thats only if your lucky)

Aug 27, 2009
Laramie, WY
I had a my 98 loose spark once. Mine was the coils which were about $85 USD and if fixed it. Stator is equally as likely, you can get stators rewound for about $150 USD. I've had it done for a fourwheeler by RM stator no problems.

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
I have a parts sled that I share with my friend that I'll grab the coil and stator from. I think it's one of the two or possibly a broken wire somewhere, (god I hope not). Thanks for your help guys!

Premium Features