• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Mtx Clutching "Low Elevation"

Q

quadtrac

Feb 27, 2009
Hey, I just picked up an 08 mtx 153 from a rental shop outwest. I tried running it the way it was set up and it hits the rev limiter really easy now thats in Mn. Ive heard that you can just add some rivets to the weights but I want to easily switch from here to outwest without messing with that. Does anybody have a part # of the weights that I would need? Thanks

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Load the stock weights with 17.2 solid yamaha rivets and adjust the secondary to 9-1. You will love it, trust me.

Q

quadtrac

Feb 27, 2009
Ya I would do that, but I want to have two sets for here and outwest. Or does Yamaha not even sell a different weight for them?

SSE

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
MN
Hey Im in the same boat, same sled, same issue. Your gearing is probably at 20/ 40 as well. were here in MN it is supposed to be 22/ 40. im planning on just leaving it that way because i go west too. and i dont need to do 100mph. 8FS-17605-00-00 is the weight number. But the price will scare the crap out of you! Thinking of the same thing your doing swapping the weights instead of having to drill and pound out rivits. But the stock weights are so expensive i might go with quick adjust weights from Fett Bros. they are cheaper than a set of new yami weights! But i have come to find that I will have to swap the weights when i go west because there might not be enough adjustability for that much elevation. but for less money i could have adjustable weights here and still be able to just swap weights and spring when i go west. Hope this helps!:beer;:D:beer;

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
i bought yammi weights and the dealer told me that they are all the same you just add rivets. i got a set for here and the west. i also got a different primary spring. they wernt all that expensive i think @ $70 cdn a weight.

SSE

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
MN
Ya i think quadtrac understands that you just change rivets in the weights so do i. but its time consuming and a waste, every time you change rivets you have to buy new ones. Oh and I thought they were like $80 a peice and im used to polaris when you buy new ones they are more like $15 to $20 a peice. 3 for the price of one is a big difference. but i am a bit of a tight a$$

Ult680

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Ada, MI
I am running 20/40 gearing in mine, with a straight 47 degree helix. Stock weights and seems to pull good rpms. Only have 100 miles on sled and nothing to compare it to, but its a good start.

Premium Features