• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZRT, 800, ignition tests?

C
I'm looking for the resistance numbers, ohm's etc for the ignition system on a 95 ZRT 800. trigger coil and stador? If any one know's what they are or where I can find them, please let me know. The local dealer doesn't have books that far back, thanks Dan

B
Dec 5, 2007
I'm looking for the resistance numbers, ohm's etc for the ignition system on a 95 ZRT 800. trigger coil and stador? If any one know's what they are or where I can find them, please let me know. The local dealer doesn't have books that far back, thanks Dan

You came to the right place. Watch the videos in my signature. Your specs are: 450 ohms for the primary (large) ignition coil and 25 ohms for your small or "High Speed" coil. The pulser/trigger coil I believe is supposed to be like 175-ish ohms. Pretty much with the trigger coil as long as it isn't open or some really high # of ohms, it is ok. The 1993-1999 triple stators have a very high failure rate. There are a few guys who have a lot of miles on one, but for the most part they have a pretty high failure rate. Yes, I do rewind them. $150 and a 2 year warrenty.

Premium Features