• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just acquired an 06 HO

S
Nov 2, 2008
Carbondale, CO
Yo Snowhawkers. My buddy just moved to his winter home in St. Petersburg Florida for the winter and wants me to tune his snowhawk, ride it and sell it before he returns. It hasn't been ridden in 2 years. I have no idea how to ride one, no idea how to repair one, and no idea what it is worth. It is in the back of my pickup right now.

I'm a Polaris and Yamaha guy, so this should be fun :face-icon-small-hap

Nov 2, 2009
SLC, UT
Watch out...

A little time learning how to ride the hawk and your buddy might not get it back whether its sold or not. ;)

where u located? Come join us for some rides.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Yo Snowhawkers. My buddy just moved to his winter home in St. Petersburg Florida for the winter and wants me to tune his snowhawk, ride it and sell it before he returns. It hasn't been ridden in 2 years. I have no idea how to ride one, no idea how to repair one, and no idea what it is worth. It is in the back of my pickup right now.

I'm a Polaris and Yamaha guy, so this should be fun :face-icon-small-hap

sweet.. where are you at??

S
Nov 2, 2008
Carbondale, CO
I'm in Carbondale, CO. I saw a guy riding one once on the Flattops and I was very intrigued. I rode it for the first time yesterday and spent a lot of time picking it up

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
learn how to ride it

I would say the most common mistake is when turning. Use the throttle to turn. if you start falling over PIN it and it will stand back up easily. Like riding a stand up jet ski but you have no limits to where you can go.

S
Nov 2, 2008
Carbondale, CO
Thanks for the input guys. I am going for my first big ride this weekend. With all the new snow we got, it should make for some powder fun! I just spoke on the phone with Thunderhawk and it appears I have a pretty good setup with the trail adapter, snowtracker, heated hand grips, handguards, etc.

I guess i may be in the market for an 800 after selling this one - if I sell it :)

S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
It's worth about $100. Where do I send my check?? :face-icon-small-hap

I say buy it from him and enjoy it!! Welcome !!

AkBillyBow

Maybe $200, I'll be there to pick it up tomorrow.....LOL

I got addicted about the same way, my buddy got tired of picking it up so he let me borrow it for awhile. I ended up being on the "ride to own plan". And now there's 10 hawks in this flock!

Nov 2, 2009
SLC, UT
Hawkfest

You're not too far for Hawkfest in Feb. Sledr2 and the boys up in Logan are going to be leading us all to some great terrain.
Or just come for a weekend sometime.

Welcome to the forum!

S
Nov 2, 2008
Carbondale, CO
You're not too far for Hawkfest in Feb. Sledr2 and the boys up in Logan are going to be leading us all to some great terrain.
Or just come for a weekend sometime.

Welcome to the forum!

Oh I have been on this forum for about 9 years now back when it was the old old forum, just never stepped into the weirdo Hawk Lounge - LOL

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
better sell that thing quick or your gonna be a weirdo yourself! i cant beleive those guys trying to lowball you like that!!!! id give 500.oo maybe 550.oo if hes really hurting for cash.....

SEE YA AT HAWKFEST YOU FREAKING WEIRDO!!!!

Premium Features