• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running a Maverick?

M

mannix

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2008
I don't run a Maverick, but I do have a Camoplast Challenger on mine; recently swapped the stock 144" off in favor of a Camoplast 156x2.

The additional length certainly helps, but the sled works SO MUCH BETTER I can't help but think that the track shape/compound/lug stiffness is contributing.

Night and day difference. I'd be interested to ride a 144x2 Camoplast just to see. It used to be that I had to be *really* gentle on the throttle to stay on that line of propulsion forward as opposed to down.

Now? Ehh, whatever. Put it to the bar, it might dig a LITTLE, but I did not get stuck once last time we were out, whereas one of my riding partners (who is only slightly more prone to getting stuck than me) buried the other sled NINE times trying to get out of a drainage.

I was just riding around, making paths, up, down, over here, over there, dig dig dig, tug ok you can doooo iiiiiitttttttt....braaastuck. Again.

Normally, if he's getting stuck, I'm being REALLY careful.

This time, well, ummm, no.

I'm fairly convinced that the stock tracks on ZXs kinda blow. Small, small sample, but the Camoplast is so dramatically better that it just kinda CAN'T simply be additional length. Who knows, maybe it is, but.....

Iain

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
I don't run a Maverick, but I do have a Camoplast Challenger on mine; recently swapped the stock 144" off in favor of a Camoplast 156x2.

I'm fairly convinced that the stock tracks on ZXs kinda blow. Small, small sample, but the Camoplast is so dramatically better that it just kinda CAN'T simply be additional length. Who knows, maybe it is, but.....

Iain

Fits my situation to a T, Have (3) 02 800 doos 156 challenger, and 1 stock 144 and 1 stock 151. Neither can touch the 156 sled, even though its down on compression and has a heavier rider. Probably one of the single best upgrades you can do is change the track. I wouldn't hesitate to use a Maverick, regardless its gonna be better than whats on there now.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Had a Maverick on my nytro. The problem with the maverick is the soft rubber compound alows the paddles to fold over like a wet noodle. Now if you didnt need such a large paddle you could cut the paddles down like 1/4" and it would help it a ton.

Well I'm running a reverse Attack 20 with screws...so I'm ALMOST all the way stretched out for length.:D I ride mostly low base powder, so I'm thinking I might snag it and run it to see how I like it.

Hey Phil, do you think running screws into the Mav would help it? I've got a ton of carbide tipped screws left over from my A-20....

M

mannix

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2008
Fits my situation to a T, Have (3) 02 800 doos 156 challenger, and 1 stock 144 and 1 stock 151. Neither can touch the 156 sled, even though its down on compression and has a heavier rider. Probably one of the single best upgrades you can do is change the track. I wouldn't hesitate to use a Maverick, regardless its gonna be better than whats on there now.

Interesting, glad it is not just me. I wound up putting the 144 off the ZX on my 99 670x, cut the lugs 1/4" - has to be better than the 136 that was on there, but I _seriously_ considered finding another Camoplast for it.

Did not make sense, financially. Hopefully it'll be better; it kinda has to, but this time, it'll simply be length, not a better track.

Iain

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Anyone running a Maverick on there ZX? I have the opportunity to get one real cheap....was wondering if it wouldn't help the trenching issues of the chassis. Opinions?:beer;

I've got the 162x16 Maverick on my Rev. It works great everywhere except really hard snow. I've been around 162 attack 20 tracks and I think the Maverick works much better. Won't trench nearly as bad as the attack in the reverse position. My old man liked how my sled worked so much that we put one on his XP also.

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
Running a 15 x 156x2" camoplast on my 02 800 bought a 15 x159 x2-1/8 Polaris series IV to install which track is a better track in the powder and climbing? I noticed the lugs are a little softer on the 159 but seems lighter than the 156 .

don't mean to jack your thread

Premium Features