• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Viper front end on SRX

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Looking for basic info or what shock combo works good on this switch. 2000 SRX 144 RMK skid, makes it handle great till you let off and the nose dives into the snow! Viper shocks work pretty good with a nice revalve? thanks

what i have done, 98 srx: replace radious rods and tie rods with mountain max ones. this will narrow your stance and raise the front end up about 2'. Hauck adjustable shock mounts added, good for about another 1" rise, all using the stock shocks. this helps a bunch to keep the nose out of the snow. have now added viper trailing arms and spindles as the viper arms are about 1 1/2" taller than srx. still working on the steering geometry, turns and steers good but the viper steering arms wont paralell the trailing arms like they are stock. tried to put viper shocks on the old girl, but they were too long for my sled with additional parts i installed, and were completely compressed and bound the suspension. may have worked without the skidplate, but i gave up.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
The Mt max rods and Hauck shock mounts dont seem like a bad idea either. Ill be using "used" parts from our local salvage yard for sleds. Would the Viper shocks fit without the Hauck shock mount you think?

As long as this front end is higher and stiffer (relalve) im happy, because its my girls sled and when she lets off the throttle that front end dips hard and is pretty much out of control even with us riding it.

Thanks for your input

the srx has a eye type mount at the top of the shock where the viper uses a clevice style. viper shocks are over 4" longer. most people installing the viper shocks on the srx were actually widening the front. you can install them without the mounts if you make or add a spacer on the upper mount to keep the clevice mount from collapsing. simple with some steel tubing and flat washers. you might consider some skid adjustments if it nosing over that bad. most the srx's want to push the deep snow because of the low slung trail ripping purpose they were designed for. your sled have ohlins or the kyb's? with the kyb's you can crank up the preload on the springs as well.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
KYBs, one is bent and blown. The skid could be changed, but the ride of it and travel is perfect where its at, just want an extra 2-3 inches (like your setup with the MMrods and Hauck mounts) and suck up the limiter strap and go. Saw a write up on some floats on these sleds, pretty sicc..

Premium Features