• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rush ride reports?

S
Jan 5, 2008
In the nortwoods
rush ride

I'll agree, soaks up bumps icredibly well. Much smoother than anything else I rode. One thing I noticed was it is very twitchy in the corners when you push it hard. Need to dial in the front. I'm thinking softer on the spring preload. clutching seems really close, other than maybe trying a different primary spring. don't know if this is good or bad but when you are riding it all you see is snow infront of you no sled. Almost like riding a crotch rocket.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
My pals Rush has ate three oil pumps, and the motor seized after the dealer put in the fourth. He gets a brand new motor for his trouble.:(

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
They've been getting some steller reviews on the HCS forum. But I don't know if that is because of brand loyal blinders?

I also read that the Iron Dog racers are not completely sold on them. Not sure what to believe?

C
Nov 28, 2006
Willow, AK
I rode on for about 15 miles over the weekend. Very very nice...for a trail sled. Super smooth on any sort of trail. I was pushing it 20 MPH faster that I normally would on my sled and it was soaking up everything with ease. Ran it across a lake on a hard pack trail and held 90+ at 7800 RPMs and had a little more if I held it to the bar. Hammered rough trails at 45-60mph. It was a little scary because I kept thinking that the bumps were going to throw me at those speeds but the sled tracks very straight. Very flat in the corners.

Heard the rear skid isn't up to par for the Iron Dog racers. It's just not holding together to that much abuse.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Heard the rear skid isn't up to par for the Iron Dog racers. It's just not holding together to that much abuse.

I've been told the same thing. Do you know what part is failing? So far, the real world reviews I've been reading on the internet have been positive but mixed. Basically most guys say it soaks up the big hits but the rest of the ride leaves something to be desired. What I find interesting is that the sled has been labeled as a "game changer" but the real world ride reports are not 100% positive about the sleds overall performance. To me, if the sled lived up to its billing, there would be no doubt. I'm trying to determine why most reviews always have something to complain about. Also, I have yet to see a real Rush in person as none have been purchased in my area.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
So.... did they only sell three Rush's this year and none of those owners ever post on the internet? I've been reading in other forums about ski lift issues, front arm bottoming out, and difficulty in getting the sled to ride and handle well.

B
Feb 1, 2010
rush

I have one the ride is incredible in every aspect. The fuel injection is terrible! high end it falls flat and has been at the dealer twice in 300 miles just does not run right and polaris has no answer yet. Damn aggrevating.

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
rush

We had 5 of them i set one up to ride myself a little put in the 1.5 track and geared it down. It was awesome to ride and fun to jump but now it got sold Also we made the front track shock a little stiffer..

Premium Features