• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black ice helix question

B
Jun 9, 2002
MN
I know alot of the knowledgable Doo guys have long since moved on to newer iron, but maybe someone will see this.

I have acquired an HRP 40/34 helix for the formula button clutch. Is this too shallow to run in the mtns??

Sled is a 2000 700 Summit. Setback to 151. 287 ramps. 160-290 spring. Goodwin buttons in secondary with beige spring. 19 or 21/44 gearing depending on the mood.

I know the angles are measured differently than Doo helixes. Some say 4* some say 8*.

Thanks for any advice.:beer;

T
Sep 1, 2009
I know alot of the knowledgable Doo guys have long since moved on to newer iron, but maybe someone will see this.

I have acquired an HRP 40/34 helix for the formula button clutch. Is this too shallow to run in the mtns??

Sled is a 2000 700 Summit. Setback to 151. 287 ramps. 160-290 spring. Goodwin buttons in secondary with beige spring. 19 or 21/44 gearing depending on the mood.

I know the angles are measured differently than Doo helixes. Some say 4* some say 8*.

Thanks for any advice.:beer;

Brad Hulings used to claim 8 degrees different from a stock formula helix. 4 degrees of it was due to the way the angles are measured and another 4 degrees worth due to the hard anodized coating compared the the bare aluminum that was standard at the time.

Premium Features