• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question on piston and rings??

N
Dec 3, 2009
I just got my first snow hawk (2004 600ho) its on its second tank of fuel and i want to do the rings. This will be my first time doing a rebuild I am mechanicaly inclined but not afraid to take advice and pointers like just rings, rings and pistons hone or not hone the cylinders? I also have a set of 350 main jets with a box of updates, should I put them in?

p.s. thanks again Tony for that first ride 2 years ago. :D

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
A couple of things to watch for,

Be carful when you pull the wrist pins, the wrist pin bearings are cageless and if they fall into the bottom end you will be hating life.

When you hone the cylinders, you don't need to do it much, just break the glaze.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
Whoaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah dont pull wrist pins!

1- drian coolant
2-remove head
3-remove cylinder
4-remove old rings/install new rings
5-installl new gaskets
6-install cylinder
7-install head
8-fill coolant
9-GO RIDE!

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Congrats to Walt for pulling the trigger!!

I can't understand how you could have ridden one 2 years ago, loved it and waited until now? Then again, if we did everything we wanted to do today, what new exciting things would be left to do in the future.

You coming to Hawkfest East?

N
Dec 3, 2009
Congrats to Walt for pulling the trigger!!

I can't understand how you could have ridden one 2 years ago, loved it and waited until now? Then again, if we did everything we wanted to do today, what new exciting things would be left to do in the future.

You coming to Hawkfest East?

yes I am coming and will send $25 for my tee shirt

Premium Features