• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raising the front end of a 99 rmk??

T

thewished

Jan 13, 2009
Bend, Oregon
Can I just use longer shocks, such as a ve or edge shock? I'm just trying to gain some clearance and hoping it might allow me to soften up my ski's but still maintain hight

K
Dec 11, 2007
i woundering the same i have shocks from a 05 900 rmk not the blue 50th but the red 900. there only a inch difference so they should bolt in.! im not to sure yet though well see

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
I believe that a set of Fox shocks of a GenII/Wedge XC (cheap these days) will get you where you want to be. It should align fine. :beer;

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
You want to do this just to "lift" the front end? Or is there some performance purpose behind this? I wouldn't change the length of shock unless you change the front geometry of the suspension. That sled is not a snowcross sled and it was designed to float over the powerd not soak up huge bumps like a snowcross sled. If this is just for looks, then I guess you can throw on the neon lights too.

T

thewished

Jan 13, 2009
Bend, Oregon
It has stock ski's on it and the front shocks are shot so I thought lifting it up with better shocks will allow me to boondock better due to a higher point of gravity.

If I cared about looks I would have bought a new sled and be paying payments, I bought a sled that I can ride and enjoy for a 1/10 of the price

D
Feb 16, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I have tried this and it isn't that great. Edge shocks will fit without changing radius rods. But as stated above it will change the geometry of the front end. For powder riding longer shocks will slightly help keep the front end up but on trails it will be difficult to control. If you are looking for better floation new skis; Powder Pro's, Simmons, C&A's etc. would be a much better improvement than longer shocks.

Premium Features