• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How Many in Here Ride w/ Backpak??

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello guys how many in here ride with a Backpack and Which one??

I bought a few years old Skidoo backpack and it seems pretty cool, which one do all of ya have?? If is doesn`t work out for me I think I might try the HMK pack.

How heavy is you pack w/ all your survival stuff and gear??

I`ll have to weigh mine and I`ll post it later.

Thanks, Wildcard28

M
Feb 24, 2008
Lewiston Idaho
Hello guys how many in here ride with a Backpack and Which one??

I bought a few years old Skidoo backpack and it seems pretty cool, which one do all of ya have?? If is doesn`t work out for me I think I might try the HMK pack.

How heavy is you pack w/ all your survival stuff and gear??

I`ll have to weigh mine and I`ll post it later.

Thanks, Wildcard28

Hello Darren, As you know I purchased and used all last season the HMK.It still looks new and works great. I was a little hesitant to try riding with one but in no time you forget it is even on your back. My pack is 12 lbs but I probably carry way to many things in it. Shovel,folding saw,tool kit,assorted survival things,spare spark pluge,tape,wire,zip ties,flashlight,spare gloves,rope and more.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello Darren, As you know I purchased and used all last season the HMK.It still looks new and works great. I was a little hesitant to try riding with one but in no time you forget it is even on your back. My pack is 12 lbs but I probably carry way to many things in it. Shovel,folding saw,tool kit,assorted survival things,spare spark pluge,tape,wire,zip ties,flashlight,spare gloves,rope and more.

Hello Gary hows it going I don`t see ya on here much,

here is a pic or two of the pack I bought, it feels pretty comfortable and a pic of the Voile shovel I got this year too. the pack has a hole in the top and a sock like tube the handle slides down in from the top pretty cool, you can see the handle on the top of the pack, nice shovel for $40 it doesn`t have a saw but have one in my pack. this pack is suposed to been made around 06-07 for what I paid for it in the long run could of bought a HMK at Guys Outdoors here it town. I still need to weigh my pack and post the result soon.

004-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

Wildcard28

G

GarlandM8

Dec 1, 2007
Blanchard, ID
Wildcard-- I got the same pack about 3 years ago... It's a good pack, lots of room and pockets... but seemed kinda bulky at times.. I got a Lightning pack from True North this year and i like it, as it's a little smaller..
Run all the typical safety/survival stuff and weighs around 14 lbs.

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
i THINK mines a High Sierra from costco, has a camel pack in it, but even with the mouth piece cover and the factory sock over the tube it still freezes. I took it out for this year, what is in it now you ask???

In backpack-

* Clean water tablets
* Lighters
* Emergency fire starter pack
* Costco Leatherman (blade, scissors, screwdriver, pliers, etc)
* GPS
* Phone
* Solar flashlight
* Life pack from walmart (has enough water and food for 3 days, 2000 calorie rashion bar)
* spare wole socks, undys and gloves
* small med pack (bandaids, lotion, pain killers, allergy pills, etc)
* some other stuff here and there

Stuff on/in the sled-

* 300ft of heavy duty nilon rope (enough to pull a sled out of a 300ft ditch with two snowcats on the towing end, ohhh, wait, we already did that... decided when the rare occasion comes up, I will be the one with half a cargo unit full of rope)...
* ratcheting tie down strap
* HMK snow shovel, on clutch cover, belt relocated to belly pan
* Ratchet and sparkplug socket
* adjustable crescent wrench
* few common wrenches for (track tension bolts, limiter strap adjustment, etc)
* 10mm for clickers
* flat head and philips screwdriver
* needle nose pliers
* allen wrench for Y pipe
* zip ties
* back-up pull start cord
* 2 spare plugs
* lighter

Thats about it...

Last edited:

REKXP

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2009
North Idaho
Here is my pack. It has basically everything that eazyduzit509 has in his minus a few items. If you look at the top left of the second picture my wife has sewn a velcro strap on to secure the shovel handle. It fell out last year when I fell off...lol. And like Mountain Thunder says you don't even notice it most of the time. Once in awhile in the trees is all.

P1030247.jpg

P1030248.jpg

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Here is my pack. It has basically everything that eazyduzit509 has in his minus a few items. If you look at the top left of the second picture my wife has sewn a velcro strap on to secure the shovel handle. It fell out last year when I fell off...lol. And like Mountain Thunder says you don't even notice it most of the time. Once in awhile in the trees is all.

P1030247.jpg

P1030248.jpg

I lost out on buying one of those on e-bay before I got the one I have now.

Nice Rack!!! Next to the chair that is, LOL

Wildcard28

Premium Features