• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

choke broke on xlt rmk

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Did you just buy a new lever kit? If so, there is a seam at the back edge of the choke lever housing. You can use a sharp knife and pry it apart and it then pulls apart with the insides slipping out the back of the housing.

Put the new stem in place and slide back together and then the new lever, when installed, holds the whole thing back together.

sled_guy

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
My XLT had a broken choke lever when I bought it. When I bought a lever replacement kit at the dealer, they said something about using a knife to get the housing apart. I couldn't get it to pry apart, and after looking at it more closely all I had to do was push the drift pin out to get it apart. Is there more than one type of choke lever assemblies? The lever kit worked perfectly but the housing on mine doesn't pry apart.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I've had boxes that were glued together really well, took an act of congress to get it apart w/o destroying it. If the loop isn't broken, then you can just push the roll pin out.

Premium Features