• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

antifreeze in carb??

R
Nov 27, 2007
A friend has a 98 670 summit, It wasn't running good and he tore apart the carbs and one carb bowl was full of antifreeze. How is coolant getting into the carb?:confused:

M
Apr 3, 2009
Hello, Did he ever figure out how antifreeze got in there? That is a huge mystery. I have had my engine completely taken apart and would not see how that could happen. Just currious.

Allen

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Had this too

Bought a trailer with an old 92ish skidoo 550 or so. Thought might be a good parking lot sled for the kids. Decided to tear into the carbs for a running rich problem and antifreeze came out. Foamy and green kind of mixed with fuel. Other than running rich the sled ran ok and no antifreeze on the plug or in the cylinder. Decided to sell the sled since didn't really want it in the first place.:confused:

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
It wasn't antifreeze. Was separated, stale old fuel. It is impossible for antifreeze to go from coolant system into the carb's. Without flooding the engine with antifreeze

I agree, especially if your state has that treehugger Ethanol added to the gasoline. I have drained that greenish crap out of the carb bowls on my sleds.
A good fuel stabilizer may help prevent this. I use Sea Foam, seems to work well. Proly others as good too.

Premium Features