• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

151" rail,tunnel extension Q's:

T
Oct 8, 2009
I am doing a 151x15x2.25 track, rail, and tunnel extension. I am going to 8 tooth drivers in the 2.52 pitch but what gearing should I try? I don't really care about top end to much but want real good acceleration and power for climbing in and out of trees. I believe my 07' Attak has 23-40 gears right now (stock ones) correct? If so would it be better to go up 1 or 2 teeth on the bottom instead of going down on the top gear to keep the chain from making to sharp a bend? Also I was wondering if I should get drop brackets for my Attak. Would installing drop brackets like the stock ones on an Apex Mountain create ill handling on the trails? I am not sure but I think the mountain Apex and the Attak use the same front mounting point. Any help is appreciated.

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I have no idea about short track skid mounting, think its alot different rear skid. As for gearing, I would put 20/42 in your sled.

T
Oct 8, 2009
Red thanks for your info. I'm fairly sure the Apex MTX and the regular Apexor Attak use the same front mounting hole but I have a guy that is giving me his stock drop brackets and I was just wondering if I used those and dropped the rear of the skid down some if anyone thought it would be beneficial. I have to use my stock Mono skid for now money's just too tight to get another skid.

Premium Features