• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question?

L

LSB

I have been reading up on these in my free time but don't have solid answers that I'm looking for. In almost every thread someone asks how these compare to sleds in the deep powder and power wise. I don't see many answers although I have seen some recently posted deep powder pictures which look nice. A lot of the videos are harder snow and flatter riding.

I'm just going to assume what seems obvious, yes these are fun, they will boon dock quite well, they can weave through places that larger sleds wont follow, but they will fall behind when it comes to hill climbing. Is that pretty much correct? Yes they are somewhat lighter but I cant see them keeping up with sleds on the hill, having less power and less traction.

This is not a knock in any way, I am truly trying to understand these machines, having never actually been on one or see one in action. I want something new this year and haven't made up my mind on what that could be.

Thanks for any input.

B
Nov 23, 2008
Emerald Valley
1 or 2?

I bring both toys w/ me now. In my opinion they are two completely different balls of fun. You get the rush out of highmarking your sled just as you would flying through the trees trying not to tear your jacket in 3rd. I had the same question myself.

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I bring both toys w/ me now. In my opinion they are two completely different balls of fun. You get the rush out of highmarking your sled just as you would flying through the trees trying not to tear your jacket in 3rd. I had the same question myself.

^^^^^^What he said...:beer;
TRITON.jpg
[/IMG]

L

LSB

Roughly what does each of these little setups cost, since most of the websites don't say.

Edit: each being the three main ones from what I can read. ADB, 2moto, and SnoX which most dont have although it looks nice.

Last edited:
T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
I know that wasn't part of the question and I also thought someone else would say it but...
Here's the fact: if you ride a Snow-Hawk you've got pretty much the best of both worlds !

:devil:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I know that wasn't part of the question and I also thought someone else would say it but...
Here's the fact: if you ride a Snow-Hawk you've got pretty much the best of both worlds !

:devil:

SHHHH... dont tell anyone..we wont have any more machines left..;)

B
Nov 23, 2008
Emerald Valley
deepness X steeeepness

Ever ride turnagain pass? Pretty deep and steeeep. Oneski's don't hang so well. There a BUNCH easier to get unstuck on the positive note. You just yard on the ski downhill. Damn fun though however you slice the pie. Give thanks for anything that can challenge a newbie to open up there mind for a new toy in the box! Everyone should check em out! You won't be disappointed. It's OK, don't be scared. All smiles for me and my fellow friends who go for it!! I try to push ANYONE interested on mine. Constantly in the parking lot the questions flourish after witnessing a oneski. Most don't. REASON: I'm tired. I'm too old. I don't want to get hurt. excuses etc. If you like to have fun well.....JUST TRY IT! Then you'll know. I bought one w/out riding one. go figure

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Ever ride turnagain pass? Pretty deep and steeeep. Oneski's don't hang so well. There a BUNCH easier to get unstuck on the positive note. You just yard on the ski downhill. Damn fun though however you slice the pie. Give thanks for anything that can challenge a newbie to open up there mind for a new toy in the box! Everyone should check em out! You won't be disappointed. It's OK, don't be scared. All smiles for me and my fellow friends who go for it!! I try to push ANYONE interested on mine. Constantly in the parking lot the questions flourish after witnessing a oneski. Most don't. REASON: I'm tired. I'm too old. I don't want to get hurt. excuses etc. If you like to have fun well.....JUST TRY IT! Then you'll know. I bought one w/out riding one. go figure

Yep, pedal on! :cool:

Premium Features