• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

kilometers or mph

S
Dec 11, 2008
On the back of the speedometer there is an adapter, on the adapter there is KMH or MPH where the cable hooks to the speedometer, however there is no drive in the MPH side it is on the KMH side, the odometer on my machine reads 6400, any help or comments with this, may be the deciding factor between complete rebuild or pistons and rings, I also checked my 98 670x and it has a drive on both. This is on a 2000 Summit Highmark 700, thanks.

So you are saying that someone pulled the drive hub out of the back of the speedo?

I wouldn't use the odometer to determine if you need a top end or not, do a compression test, much more accurate as to the condition of the top end. Too many issues can hurt motors more than just average wear....lean condition/cold sieze/improper break-in/internal issues etc....

S
on the older sleds (@ '96-97) you could set up your speedo to read in either kph or mph depending on which 'side" you screwed the cable in to the adapter:face-icon-small-hap...later bombie just stopped putting the extra drive inside the adapter depending on where they were going to be sold (us=mph,canada=kph) probably to reduce their costs and increase their "bottom line...(half the gears=half the cost to build;)) the gauge face still says "mph" on the bottom but it would be reading a "corrected" kph reading....

Last edited:
J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
How Can you switch it from KPH to MPH some how I changed it and I have no Idea how I did it??

Premium Features