• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

5 "Stickys" just in General ..? Seriously, YAWN

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
wambulance_logo.jpg

FYI, stuck before I got here.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
OOOOhh, imagine that...Another Mod that puts you down for your opinion. I see a trend here :rolleyes:
At least he didn't pull your post.

There are bigger things to complain about than 5 stupid "stickies".

Site speed: legit complaint
log on problems: legit complaint

But five stickies? Besides if a user has a complaint, put it where admin will see it. THE SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS FORUM

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
OOOOhh, imagine that...Another Mod that puts you down for your opinion. I see a trend here :rolleyes:
At least he didn't pull your post.

Seriously? Maybe he posted it because he had an opinion (mods are allowed to have opinions too). Personally I feel the same. Why are we whining about sticky's that have been at the top of this section for the last year (exaggerating here)? Blah, blah, blah. Yawn is right, this thread is lame.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
What about one sticky at the top, locked so nobody could post in it, other than a mod. This sticky would contain links to all of the other stickys?
Yah, I like that solution.. but more like it would contain the threads..

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Just another reason snowest sucks now. Christopher has destroyed this place but the migration out of here is a little slow to bcr and slednw, myself included.

And some of the new mods are just plain arseholes. And I also agree to many stickies But I sure hope some mods don't think I am just whining

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I was criticized by the same mod for the same comment when the CO section got up to 8 stickies...now down to seven. :rolleyes: In fact all I said was "yeah another sticky" which was found to be very offensive and attacking?

Threads should stay at the top based on their merit and users interest

The one sticky full of the "important" threads sounds like a good compromise?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
The one sticky full of the "important" threads sounds like a good compromise?

well, I seconded the motion, and here is the third...

all those in favor, say I...
I..
all those against, say nay
(silence)
the I's have it.. :D

Wow, that was easy to settle, so what is next on the list?

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
well, I seconded the motion, and here is the third...

all those in favor, say I...
I..
all those against, say nay
(silence)
the I's have it.. :D

Wow, that was easy to settle, so what is next on the list?

Maybe this is the way forum "upgrades" should be addressed!

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
wambulance_logo.jpg

FYI, stuck before I got here.

^^^ First, we get the quiet insult, and then the excuse. Cute, but not shocking.

There are bigger things to complain about than 5 stupid "stickies".

Site speed: legit complaint
log on problems: legit complaint

But five stickies? Besides if a user has a complaint, put it where admin will see it. THE SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS FORUM

^^^^^Next, we get the attempt at a serious answer... He assumes I'm complaining and want something done about it. He assumes that there are bigger things to complain about. And he assumes he needs to do something about it. Yes, he's an azz in everyone of those.

Seriously? Maybe he posted it because he had an opinion (mods are allowed to have opinions too). Personally I feel the same. Why are we whining about sticky's that have been at the top of this section for the last year (exaggerating here)? Blah, blah, blah. Yawn is right, this thread is lame.

^^^^Then along comes the bed wetter's partner, thinking he needs to be defended. But at least he and I agree. The thread is lame. But apparently important enough to get responses, even from the whiners whining about the complainers.

Ever heard that quip, if you ain't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Back at'cha PJ....

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I don't necessarily like all of the Stickies either, but they were there before I was asked to look over the two forums in question, therefore it is not my place to remove them until the original author asks that they be removed or the event expires.

The Brad Story raffle will be ending soon so that will be unsticked in the near future and there are a couple in the Colorado section that are on deck as well.

Honestly, I'm just trying to keep out the "spam" and general "BS" so peeps don't have to sift through the crap to read a decent thread. It's stupid that peeps whine when myself or another mod leave a thread alone when they "feel" that it needs moved, edited or deleted altogether but when we do actually moderate a thread or a post the same people start whining again.

In the General forum I pretty much just delete the "Spam". You guys never see it, or most of it anyways. I also move the suggestions, comments and the polls about Snowest and Christopher to the Suggestions forum. Don't take that as an insult, I'm just moving it someplace where somebody who can design forums will see it. And to clear things up, just because I am a mod doesn't mean that I agree with alot of the changes on this site. Because I don't. I'm not a fan of the pay option, I don't like all of the "bling" and colored rainbows. I do like Snowest and met a bunch of real great people, including Dizzle.:cool:

But to be brutally honest, I am tired of the whining and complaining. It gets you nowhere. The "regular" mods, such as myself cannot do anything to actually change the way the site is performing for you, the sub-forums and such. Those issues are handled by the Admin ( and you need to post your threads and polls there where they are sure to view them. They aren't going to view General, the State sections or Fouled Plug everyday to try and catch everybody's complaints about the forum issues.ORANGE)

Premium Features