• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I'd like to know you better........I'm..

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Owen from Duluth. I've been a Cat man since sleds were invented. My son works for them. I ride the mountains as much as I can, but that's not that often anymore. Somewhat retired, old, unemployed, I'm poor now. I have a '09 M-8 Sno-Pro, wife's sled. and I have a 1000 mod King Cat. I'm the acting pres. of the Midwest Mountain Riders. I have been a carpenter and bus. man most of my life. I hunt and fish and ride motorcycle when I'm not sledding. I have eight grandchildren. Some of them have 120's.

Owen

S

Super B

Dec 26, 2002
Monticello, MN
www.rooost.ca
Hi Owen!

My name is Brandon and I have been riding out west for 7 years now. I have two children, 16 and 17 months old. I ride a '09 800 Dragon RMK. Mainly been riding poo my whole life. I try to make at least 2 trips out west a season. If not out west, I can be found in the U.P.

In the summer I enjoy wakeboarding and wakeskating or just cruising around the local lakes.

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
Darin,
Grew up in Granite Falls MN, lived in Alexandria MN now for going on 9 years. Happily married with 2 motor crazy boys 5 and 9. We all sled as much as possible when the conditions allow. I have been riding since age 8, Currently building 09 custom Assault. Started going out to the mts 3 years go, wish they were closer! I coach my sons football,baseball and basketball teams. When time allows we all like to Golf and hang out on the lake.
THINK SNOW
Take care!

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Nice to meet you guys! Darin and Branden.

I hope to meet all of you guys at the MN ride, but if not we'll have another.

Owen

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Hi Guys!

Ben,

I live in Isanti and have a cabin just south of Baudette (where the NorthMNSledder comes from).

I work as a Senior Drafter for a Curtain Wall Manufacture in the Twin Cities. I also own my own drafting company I started about 5 years ago that basically pays for all my sledding.:D I have owned a few brands of sled but mostly stick with Polaris & Ski-Doo. And I take a lot of crap for riding the Doo in Polaris country. I Spent about 20 weekends a year at the cabin sledding, ATVing, Hunting and just hanging with my folks since they moved up there in 2007. I'm married with no kids......yet!

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and gals on the MN trip this winter.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i'am shon 34.
wife of 12 long years, boy 8, girl 4. owner operator of an excavating outfit. been going west since 1990. have a cabin on lake of the woods. have had over 20 new sleds and there is only 1 brand for me now. i have logged over 50,000 miles on sleds. had a couple 6500 mile winters back in the mid 90's. was actually gonna give it up 2 years ago but found some new riding buds and have been rejuvinated. i'am an avid fisherman and do alot of hunting

Dec 30, 2008
Ramsey, MN
Hi everyone,
First I want to say you folks here on SW have been great to chat with and we look forward to getting to meet a few of you this winter.

We just moved to MN from WA, both Ron and I (Bernadine), have been riding for decades - me for 41 yr and him for 31 yr (when he married me). We are right at the 50 yr old mark, have 2 grown sons and 2 granddaughters that live in MA. We both ride Polaris Sleds, we camp and play in the dirt in the summer w/his dual sport KTM 450 and my Polaris 500 Scrambler and we will be transporting our boat out here from WA next spring so we can enjoy some of the lakes you have around here.

We are looking forward to making a lot of friends here and enjoying the great outdoors that Minnesota has to offer (sigh, but will be missing the mountains too)

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Robb here,

Was born in Aitkin and grew up outside of McGregor on Lake Minnewawa!
Been riding Poo since I bought my brothers 97 trail in my junior year of HS. Still have that sled, then I bought his 99 XC/SP 700 and it's halfway to being a 151!!!!

Now live in SE MN in Plainview and work in Rochester at some clinic;)

Try and make it back north once a month, more in the summer....actually going on 3 months away due to family.

Been married 2 years, have a 4 year old girl, 18 month old girl and a 7 week old boy(hence no lake since Labor Day)

Working hard on getting my kids into sleds, so far they love boats and quads.

Started riding dirt bikes when I started dating my wife, her dad got me hooked. So anyone who likes dirt look me up and come check out the Golden Eagles MC trail rides in spring and fall....best riding this side of the Black Hills.

S

Superjag

Jan 30, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Mark. 37 years old. Family Law attorney. Lived in Saint Paul my whole life, except I went to college at UMD. Married to a gal I've known since I was 6. One kid (Luke, age 2), one on the way. Been a Cat guy since my first sled (89 Jag AFS). Usually make one, sometimes two, trips a year, out west and have always rented sleds out there. Most of my riding is split 50-50 between down near the metro area and up in Schroeder (near Lutsen) where I have family. Spend the summers fishing and golfing. I am also trying to accumulate a shop's worth of woodworking tools, but I am quickly running out of garage space.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Nice to here from you Robb and Bernadine

and others. Welcome. I hope you enjoy MN. Please give some of us a chance to show MN hospitality. There are a few fun places to ride here, but sometimes we have to slide over to MI. The UP as we call it, almost always has deep snow. It's just a couple hours driving from Duluth. If we have snow, it's usally the best up the North Shore of Lake Superior from Duluth to the Gunflint Trail at Grand Marais. Last year I guess the snow was good from Lake Vermillion to International Falls.

Owen

M
Dec 7, 2007
My name is Tom. Married my best friend, we have 3 kids, sold the 120 to get a 340. Kids are 14,12,10. Work as an Industrial Automation and Controls tech for 3M (fix the electronics on the machines). I will be going on my first trip to the mountains in Feb (6-13). Ride the North Shore, Brainerd Lakes area (folks live there) and the Bayfield area in WI and also Michigan. I'm a member of the Cottage Grove SSS and past President of the 3m Snowdrifters. I am also a pitman for a friend that races the grassdrags circuit in MN (#77) Outlawed Racing. So you will find me at Haydays, Princeton, Rochester, Wausa etc...
Hope to put a face to the names in the NEAR future. I live in the S.E. Metro area, drop me a line and lets hit the trails.

Later, Tom

P
Nov 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
Dennis, age 51. Lived in the TC-Lakeville area, married 28 years, two sons, in college. Moved North-Nashwauk area 6 years ago, never looked back. Both my boys are into Dirt biking, ATV's, Snowmobiling, hunting, etc.. Get all of it up here. Just about an hour to Duluth. As I tell my family, it's Gods country!! Bought a 40 acre hobby farm, Deer roam through daily. Spent a good part of my earlier days in on Big Sandy Lake-McGregor area, can't say enough about the past. But like any untapped area, Big Sandy got bit by the moderization. Anyways, Owen, there is plenty of riding just North of you, Arrowhead trail system is great, Isabella, Finland, go ride it, you will enjoy it

P
Nov 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
Robb here,

Was born in Aitkin and grew up outside of McGregor on Lake Minnewawa!
Been riding Poo since I bought my brothers 97 trail in my junior year of HS. Still have that sled, then I bought his 99 XC/SP 700 and it's halfway to being a 151!!!!

Now live in SE MN in Plainview and work in Rochester at some clinic;)

Try and make it back north once a month, more in the summer....actually going on 3 months away due to family.

Been married 2 years, have a 4 year old girl, 18 month old girl and a 7 week old boy(hence no lake since Labor Day)

Working hard on getting my kids into sleds, so far they love boats and quads.

Started riding dirt bikes when I started dating my wife, her dad got me hooked. So anyone who likes dirt look me up and come check out the Golden Eagles MC trail rides in spring and fall....best riding this side of the Black Hills.

Man, you really went South!! Will have to meet up with yah on the dirt, ride Yamaha products. Not ridin' the Millville track are yah?

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Yeah, we ride the Finland, Isabella areas

I live on the North Shore trail just North of Duluth. We ride from our door on a lot of days. The first ride is often up the Cloquet river to Pequaywan Lake. Mostly slushy and sometimes open water cruising. Like jetskiing. Very fun on a mountain sled.

Owen

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Joe, age 22. Mechanical Engineering student about to enter my last semester at the University of St. Thomas. Raised in Esko, just south of Duluth. My dad lets me ride his ski-doo and I have been lucky enough to have been out west twice with a third time coming up here this winter. See you in the mountains owen!!

S
Jan 1, 2008
Chanhassen, MN
Dan, age 24. Live in Burnsville right now. Graduated from MSU - Mankato in December of 2007 with a degree in Automotive Engineering Technology. I am working as a test technician in Savage right now but would like to get into an engineering position soon!! also like to do some CAD and computer work. Been riding since I was about 10ish. the ole Orange moto ski was my first sled. Been going out west at least once a year for at least 5 years. I have a 04 Summit X 800 159". I love working on sleds, cars, 4 wheelers, bikes, etc. I also have a 1970 Chevelle Malibu 383 that me and my dad restored. I have owned a 96 Blaster and a 96 Ninja 600 also. Would love to get a crotch rocket again next summer. I just learned to ride this last summer and i loved it. pm me if you wanna chat more.

C

Chubby

Nov 26, 2007
Albany mn.
A trap everybody run!!!! Owen and Dan hows it going???? Hopefully I will be able to ride again by next year but untill I get my back repaired I dont thnk its gonna happen :(..... I see a surgen Monday a abott Northwest and then Maybe a trip to Germany for some disc replacemnt.... Have a great winter riding and stop by when ya get by Albany !!!!!!

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Nice to here from some of you old guys.......

The back sounds serious. I got by lucky. I still ride but have stopped hard landing risks and go slow on rough trails. My back stops me from working , not riding.

Owen

Premium Features