• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary belt info

Hi guys

I just finish installing my new Tra3 ultra light and Team secondary on my 600.I have bought a ultimax 3 XLT belt #138-4716u3 to get my belt higher in the secondary.I realized that some of you were using the 144-4740u3 wish is almost the same lenght but a little bit wider.Can you tell me your feedback on the performance of both.

Thanks

Nov 2, 2009
SLC, UT
My 2 cents

I have tried both and couldn't tell a whole lot of difference besides the fact they are a lot better than the stock low riding belt and clutches. Then again I'm not an extreme hawker yet...hoping to get good enough by Hawkfest to at least make the crash section in the next McCurdy Hawk video...

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Hey thats my title. LOL
attachment.php

DSC03785 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
clutch alignment

Hey !

hi just finish the alignment of the clutch this afternoon and if someone is installing a tra 3 and a team secondary with sled2r keyway jackshaft ,you need to machine the bushing on the back to .400 of a inch and install two stock shim .035 and two other .035 shim at the end of the shaft then bolt that back on and you should align perfect.

If you want to make sure it is perfectly align, open your secondary with the strap removing tool and slide a ½ inch 20 inch long flat bar between the two plate of secondary and the other end touching your midle shaft of the Tra.The flat bar should sit touching the inside plate.After that you should have 1 mm of slack on the secondary to self align with the driven.

I
Jan 4, 2008
Palmer AK.
Well i used a cat clutch and belt from Bud and Skip aka( Hawkdoggen ) and his Hawk has a RKT 734 kit in it. He uses a cat belt # 0627-031 and says its the longest lasting belt he has ever used bar none. We all rode with Skip at Hawk fest and the guy has some talent. He rides hard and that has sold me on trying one for this year.:)

finally made a choice

I tried to adjust the deflection of the belt and the 144-4740 seem to be perfect for deflection adjustement and secondary height.That said,I have order this belt and realized they were making a new model, the
144-4740 U4 PRO.It has bigger groove on the top for better cooling and they are the same price of the U3.

T
Feb 26, 2008
Belt Dimensions

Don't know if anyone cares but here's a way to figure out the dimensions of the carlisle ultimax belts:

A 144-4740 is 1.44" wide, 47 & 40/64ths of an inch around the outside
A 138-4716 would be 1 3/8" wide, 47 & 16/64 of an inch

It comes in handy when mixing up parts 'cause you can use the belt numbers to get to where you need for deflection and 'above the edge' height.

Premium Features