• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

User Demographics?

S

sledchick

Nov 26, 2007
NSL, UT
I don't know if this is possible, or if it is a dumb question. I have done a couple different websites, and have learned a lot about targeting certain audiences. Knowing that this is a snowmobile community, the targeted audience obviously is snowmobilers. What I am wondering is if the staff at SnoWest has looked deeper into the demographics and doing ratios of users? I know I am fairly "young" on this site, as most users as far as I can tell are the 30-50 age range..mostly male. So why the "social networking" aspect to the forums? Is it because of all the hype of Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter? Do we really need to get that in-depth on a snowmobile related forum? I am sure this question has been brought up many times..so I'm probably sounding like a broken record. From my user experience on various other snowmobile sites, they have decided to go this route and I eventually chose to make SnoWest my staple for all my snowmobile information...because it was so user-friendly, and easy to navigate through. In the end you are gonna do what you are gonna do, so maybe my say doesn't really much matter!:rolleyes:
-Jackie

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Jackie:

The intent here was to offer a wide variety of tools and options to all of the members, and then let YOU choose which ones you want to use.

The only thing that we have installed that could be remotely called social networking might be the chat window. But as the past 2 months has pretty clearly shown, that is just not what it has been used for at all.

But more importantly, each member of SnoWest can simply turn it off and for all intents and purposes it no longer exists.

Same thing goes for the colored experience bars.
If that somehow feels like social networking to you, and you choose not to participate in that, then by all means exercise your control over your interface and simply turn them off.

USER-CP / Forum Options / Scroll to the very bottom of the page.

Premium Features