• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

esge trailing arms

R
Dec 25, 2007
Hey guys, so iv bent 2 trailing arms now. one was a good fall the other was a rock. Now i know lots of ppl have talked about itbut if i were to brace the trailing arm would it potentialy dammage the bulkhead or tunnel if i were to hit a rock?

Any thought would be nice.
Thanks
Harry

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Yes it will tweak the tunnel. In fact with stock trailing arms if you hit something just right it won't hurt the trailing arm at all but still tweak your tunnel. Mine is tweaked from nailing a big ole rock last year, didn't hurt the trailing arm, wish it would have they are a lot easier to fix.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Making the arms alot stronger can be a bigger PITA. Replacing the A arm is better than replacing footrests. I've actually had to replace both the A arm and a footrest from hitting a rock. I just learned to always keep a spare set on hand for when I needed one.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Tweaking = bending, rebending, bending again, then tearing, then crying.
Better to beef up the tunnel before you tear it. Although bracing across a torn tunnel will stabilize the tear, it is best to brace it before you tear it. Takes about 3 hits to tear it. Use a 3/4 x 3/4 x 1/8" x 8" long aluminum angle. Use one 1/4" SS bolt in the front, that you drill through a hole in the sloping footrest to install it. Use 3 smaller SS stove bolts through the flat dimpled footrest, that you arrange in a straightline pattern that is compatible with the dimples and still goes through the angle which is attached below the flat footrest. Use SS locknuts with the plastic inserts. Use SS washers. Taper the outstanding leg of the angle that sticks down into the snow so you are not gouging anything beneath the sled.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
does anyone have a pic of this? i just put on a timbersled front end and i dont wanna have this happen.

Premium Features