• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Viper Rail Extensions

N
Jan 2, 2008
Walla Walla, WA
I have an 03 Viper Mtn that I would like to put a longer track on. I was wondering whether I could manage to put the 153 Challenger from my Arctic Cat M8 onto either a 151 or 156 rail extension kit, as those seem to be the 2 most available sizes. That way I could put the new Power Claw onto the M8. Any thoughts wouls be appreciated. Thanks

using your stock skid, you simply proportionately move the mounting points in the tunnel. in your case, 144-153, the difference is 9". you would have to move the skid back 1/2 that distance, or 4 1/2". simple as taking your time, measuring correctly, drilling new holes, and adding or reusing bracketry. of course you would want to add a tunnel extension, and change the drivers to allow for the track pitch difference.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
Sorry njc89 but that 153 challenger from an M8 wont work even with 7 tooth drivers unless your willing to trim it down to 1.75" or install a lengthened chaincase or do a drop and roll kit. You would be better off to trade your track off for a 2"tall lug 2.52 pitch track. 151" 156"or 159".

the above post would be correct. 7t 3"p drivers would have a circumference of 21". 8t 2.52 p would be 20.16". your 2" track is already pushing the limits, so if you add 1/2" circumference to the driver and 1/4" to the lugs, you flat run out of room. youc an still do a relocate for the above mentioned tracks, but i would relocate and add extensions for a 156 or 159, to reduce the length on extensions. call tom @ hartman inc, 208 468 1073, hes got all you need.

S

Sixat38

Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
The above two posts are correct. You cannot put a 2 1/4" 3p track under a Viper even with 7 tooth drivers. Well without trimming the track. Depending on how much work you want to do it might be worth it to you, however, the easiest & least expensive route would be keep you stock 8T drivers, add extensions and a 2.52 - 2"x159(156) or (151). Oh, and my personal opinion, I would not relocate the skid.

Premium Features