• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 turbo 600 info needed

2DaMax

Jan 27, 2008
I'm looking at possibly buying a 07 turbo 600 with a 53 areo and was just wondering what kind of reliability these sleds have and any dos and don'ts and mostly what the word has been with these sleds. Thanks for any info.:face-icon-small-hap

V
May 13, 2008
Victor, ID
I just bought one last spring after my 4th motor in the D8. Figured I could work on this at least and if it didn't run it was my fault instead of being on the back order list for cylinders and motors.
What a blast these 600's are!!! I wasn't to confident when I first got this turbo. Steve Packer was loads of help and Shane Hart is good to talk to also. Make sure you have Steve take the turbo apart...don't attempt it yourself. There is a capacitor that I had to replace on mine...(it is about the size of a 35mm film can, silver with two wires coming out of the end). The sled wasn't wanting to hold boost. We went through alot of checks and balances with it to make sure we had everything needed to run. Keep an eye on the field of the piston (the area between the rings) I caught mine with a hair line crack in it. Depends alot what your running for boost. Mine is 11-13 so I run race fuel at 90-100%. Voltage is another item to watch. We were only getting about 10.9 volts at the hopps switch and ended up rewiring things so we are now getting 13 volts...this is nice to have the power for the fuel pump. I have heard some sleds are different and will run just fine though. Watch the reeds for wear and boots for cracks. Other than that, it only takes about half throttle to see what it'll do and you have a big smile to try to wipe off before you get back down to the guys at the base of the hill. I am still playing with clutching and gearing and going to try a different track this year. So far it has been great. But I do encourage you to talk to Steve Packer...he knows these turbos extremely well.

2DaMax

Jan 27, 2008
Thanks for the info I will talk to steve he is a smart helpful guy he has helped me on a turbo fourwheeler project I'm working on very helpful thanks for the info any more would help also.

Premium Features