• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Tied secondary for nytro

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
Has anyone on snowest installed the new team tied secondary on a nytro yet? I read on TY that something didn't fit right with the new jackshaft. Wondering if the one my Dad just ordered from WPS is going to have installation issues.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
my dad was gonna get one for his nytro but was worried about the same thing as well, also didn;t know how well it would work over the roller so i'll just be installin the roller secondary today instead of the tied version.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
They don't fit on the Nytro. Yes, I have tried. I have clutches, helixes, springs waiting for a test and tune but unfortunately they won't even go onto the shaft:mad:

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
They don't fit on the Nytro. Yes, I have tried. I have clutches, helixes, springs waiting for a test and tune but unfortunately they won't even go onto the shaft:mad:

So are you saying that with the team jackshaft, the team tied secondary will not fit on the team jackshaft? I sure hope that's not what you're saying.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i sure hope the same does not go for the roller secondary. just got it today and did not know that these secondarys came with a new jackshaft also.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
I am pretty sure you have to buy the jackshaft conversion also. The kit should come with a new Jackshaft for the Nytro. Apparently you can slide the stock jackshaft out without dismanteling the whole chaincase.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
yep, just take off a snap ring for the brake rotor, maybe a set screw slide it right out and pop the new one right back in.

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
I am sure that the team tied secondary will only fit the nytro if you also replace the stock jackshaft with the team jackshaft $$$. My Dad purchased both and we got the jackshaft installed last night. Everything looks good so far, but we didn't try the tied secondary on the shaft yet. The kit he got came from Western Power Sports and was quite $pendy :eek: It does however, come with the tied secondary, helix, spring, jackshaft, adjustable primary weights (slp MTX) and a new primary spring. I hope it all works good. I put the team TSS-04 on a couple of my old vipers and they rocked! The backshift was insane.

I'm also pretty sure that the TSS-04 or the TSS-98 will not fit the nytro either without jackshaft issues.

Here's a link to the kit. The text says it's a TSS-04, but it is really the new tied secondary (as shown in the picture):
http://www.wps-inc.com/wps/WICATALOG1.pgm?Task=PREV&CICID=SM&PRVCID=SM&PAGE=684&Rnd=2751806113281031

Last edited:
W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Dont put the washers on. If they are on the outside of the brake rotor they dont matter. It will not affect the rotor offset.

Premium Features