• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 to 08,09 Rear Suspension Conversion?

Oct 4, 2008
Sheboygan, WI
After looking at the 2010 rear suspension, is it possible to take a few of the components that allow for the floats from a 2010 and turn the 08 into a 2010 rear? After looking at it for a while, it doesn't seem like it would be too bad and probably less expensive than a timbersled or kmod especially if you know somebody that works in a yamaha parts department... Basically, I'm looking for an inexpensive way to drop a few pounds and reduce the sag in the rear end. Any ideas?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
doubt that u could convert it. 2 completely different suspensions. best luck would be to try and buy a take off as i would imagine there would be some who would go with an m10 for the high power sleds.

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
After looking at the 2010 rear suspension, is it possible to take a few of the components that allow for the floats from a 2010 and turn the 08 into a 2010 rear? After looking at it for a while, it doesn't seem like it would be too bad and probably less expensive than a timbersled or kmod especially if you know somebody that works in a yamaha parts department... Basically, I'm looking for an inexpensive way to drop a few pounds and reduce the sag in the rear end. Any ideas?

I wondered that myself. I would like to convert the APEX Mtn SE to FLOATS all around....

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
With as much re-designing that went into the skid, I really doubt that it would be an easy or cheap task to do. If the mounting points are off by a small amount then the whole thing may suck worse than stock...forcing you to upgrade. I would be willing to bet that you can pickup a used 08 or 09 skid for cheap to test your theory on though. Otherwise, if you wait a couple months, I'm sure there will be a lot of guys who swap out the 2010 skid for their brand of choice and they'll be selling them.
Riding a stock skid, my suggestion is to find someone willing to part with their stock apex springs to get rid of the sag until you can save up money for a skid. You can make the stock skid work alright, it just takes some love to get it there.

Y

yamboosta

Dec 5, 2007
Sedro-Woolley
thats..................................................................................................

funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features